Abingdon Marathon

5,401 to 5,420 of 5,506 messages
27/10/2006 at 08:09

thanks again everyone :)

Darkman . . I ran Barcelona in the 90's when the course was different to nowadays . . it's on my list of races to return to some day . .

ST . . thanks . . quite a compliment!! From my point of view it could have been a brighter day but that would have made it less pleasant to run in . . and compared to the forecast and the weather elsewhere on Sunday morning we were very fortunate!

Kath . . I know just what you mean because so many running photos of me make me look as if one of my legs is kind of telescopic and has contracted down towards the ground!! And a big Mwaaaaaaaahhh back atcha ;)

27/10/2006 at 09:42
For those of you who have missed the points i'm making...Cos i know a lot more than you think

get hold of a copy of FLM 2006

And study it very carefully

I even got passed H&S chief Bill Reynolds

anyway

you all take care

Rich K

Wonderful photos,

many thanks to you
27/10/2006 at 10:39
Rich, your lovely cheery presence is entirely responsible for the fact that these are the only photos in existence of me running and smiling at the same time!

Thank you so much, and another big mwaaahh from me!
27/10/2006 at 10:49
Sorry peeps, but have I missed something about Mick & Phil and the FLM?

If a bloke in a diving suit can take a week to do it (FFS!), then why not a bloke pushing a chair?

Mick - where do you live? I ask because I work for a large broadcasting corporation. I'm not on the reporting side, but if you wish I can ask around and see if there's any interest in the story.

No promises, just an idea.

What do you think?
27/10/2006 at 10:50
RichK, great photo's I actually look like I'm running well, normally I look decieded dodgy! shame about my mate who looks a bit tired
27/10/2006 at 11:15
Richk-cracking pictures mate.Thank you very much.Its good to put faces to names.
27/10/2006 at 11:36
Mick - I definitely think you should be allowed to race FLM.

And I totally understand why their continuing refusal make your blood boil.

But playing as a gambler, I reckon your best bet at getting into FLM is to hide the boiling blood - it'll be better for you and us to keep asking nicely and for you to keep running just as you are!

Getting cross might work but it probably won't and it might have a negative effect...

I am confident that I will see you racing London one day soon - and I am sad that it's not happened already.

You guys are superb - 4:03 - MWAH!
27/10/2006 at 11:50
Thing is you see folkes

I know you all mean well

But my wife and i have spent 18 + of the best years of our life nursing Phillip's every need

My wife is a broken sick woman through it all

The Social Services, well, there just about us unreal as you can imagine

So please pardon me if i have no sympathy for FLM rules and managment

But i assure you we will march on 50 plus races a year

Ok, what's next, oh yes...

Worksop half in 48 hours time

27/10/2006 at 11:51
I have jsut read K2s comment about feeling my bum!????

And am off to try and find out what he is on about!!!!!!!!!!
27/10/2006 at 11:52
or she even!.....
27/10/2006 at 11:55
ahhhhhhhh now I see.......on the group shot thingy!!

Its funny, but i thought I did feel someone groping me, but I was too concerned about not falling off the step and ruining Rich's photo! Thats why I am stood at such an odd angle....I was leaning into the grope you see!

chuckle!
27/10/2006 at 12:12
Nick old boy

if your not happy about K2 touching your bum

She can touch mine any time !!!
27/10/2006 at 13:02
Choisty - I rather liked it too :)
27/10/2006 at 13:23
To all the Rick Ks around the course - great photos, great website, thank you very much.
Your greetings and happy smiles were very much appreciated on the way round. :-)
27/10/2006 at 15:39
To Rick K,

Fab web sites.

Very good photos, except the one of me at 3 miles I look like a zombie!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm looking forward to the rest.

The Wife, number 455 seems to have avoided your photographic skills so far. So she still has no photographic evidence yet of her running the marathon. lol..

Woodle
27/10/2006 at 16:23
Woodle You could also keep an eye on
http://www.hkphotos.co.uk/main.php/v/Running+Events/Abingdon+Marathon/

There over 200 pictures there and they are being added to each day. Photos are still not in Rich's class though!
27/10/2006 at 16:29

once again . . many thanks to everyone . . from each of me ;)

The Woodle . . 455 isn't on the list I was using and there are a small number of photos I've not used at all . . I've added her to my list now so watch this space!!

have a good weekend everyone . .

27/10/2006 at 18:21
This forum is turning into the RichK appreciation site (and rightly so!)

So time to add my thanks again. Looking foward to the next batch.

Have a great weekend Rich, you probably need the rest as you probably covered as many miles as we did last Sunday.
27/10/2006 at 19:34
Rick K

You are a star.
A PB & great photos to boot.

Your time & effort is much appreciated many thanks for making my day.
27/10/2006 at 19:38
Mark Stewart
- yes it was me: after a little bit of casting about I decided to run on and see what turned up later. In the end I made use of the bathroom of a kindly spectator in the town centre and you will no doubt be happy to know that my, er, dignity remained intact.

5,401 to 5,420 of 5,506 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.