Abingdon Marathon

5,441 to 5,460 of 5,497 messages
31/10/2006 at 09:14
Rich, thanks for all the great pics.

I'm in a pic with four other guys, 22 rows down from the top / or 9 up from the bottom if you prefer.

Cheers

Steve
31/10/2006 at 09:53
Thanks again Rich - I even look like I'm running this time.

Also can't quite believe how much of this race I spent virtually alongside Nick L without realising who he was. Must pay more attention at pre-start gatherings.
31/10/2006 at 10:26
Excellent stuff again Rich! Thanks!
31/10/2006 at 11:00
Rich

Boing ...

You good chap you !!

Phil say's hi

Thanks

Mick
31/10/2006 at 11:30
Thanks Rich !!
31/10/2006 at 12:26
Tahnks Rich. Excellent.I have both feet off the ground and am looking happy!
31/10/2006 at 14:39
Hi Rich,

great photos. You got one of me. In the mile 18 pics, the section of "people who aren't forumites" (OK, so I do mostly lurk), 7th row down, last picture in the row, yellow Finch vest. The big version would be much appreciated, you're a star!

Is #769 in the picture above practicing shot-put?
31/10/2006 at 16:08
Thanks again Rich. Echoing the others here, but outstanding photography. Your unstinting and unselfish efforts have made everyone's experience of what was a great day even better. I'm really enjoying looking through the entire gallery.
31/10/2006 at 22:08

thanks everyone (again!) . .

Steve65 - I knew that! not sure how/why I missed you but you're restored to the Forum!

CumbriAndy . . pretty decent shot of you in Mile 25 too :-)

Mick . . hi to you . . and Phil too of course :-)

SteveX . . glad you like that one coz you're a bit fuzzy in Mile 25!! I think you accelerated to quickly for the camera ;-)

OMFA . . I've added you to the Forumites and linked to a larger shot . . can't find you anywhere else though . . talking of shots . . he probably is!!

LD . . thanks again . . I think you'll be pleased with your Mile 25 photo . . personally I think both feet off the ground less than 2 miles from home is showing off ;-)

anyway . . there's more . . . photos from Mile 25 . . a few taken at the track when I made it back there . . and a few taken in the bar afterwards . .

when you get your results you'll probably receive a photograph taken as you crossed the finish line. If anybody wants to scan theirs in and mail it to me I'll add it to my photos . .

still a few more photos to add . . those from Saturday night that eL Bee sent me . . Pit Stop Crew's photos from the start and some that Lurker sent . .

so keep watching this space!!
31/10/2006 at 22:11

sorry . . for Lurker read Limper . . ooops
31/10/2006 at 22:20
Oh jeez ... I was hurting at mile 25 and doesn't it just show.

I think it was mean and rotten to lurk round a corner ... no time to straighten up and smile and pretend not to be a shambling wreck.
31/10/2006 at 22:24
Perhaps, a bit like upcoming drinks stations, there ought to be a warning notice " Photographer 200m ahead. " Then it's head up, chest out, check stride and try to look like a runner again. A comb and face flannel on an adjacent table might not go amiss either.....
31/10/2006 at 22:54
Thankfully there is no pictures of me in bits at mile 25 so thats a relief.

Just seen the picture of Sams big toe, all I can say to that is ...... OOOOOWWWWCCCCHHH

bet that hurt, made me go all a quiver
31/10/2006 at 23:02
My wife has just seen the photos and said: how come you never look like you're moving anywhere?"

Ouch!

She's got a point though - at least one foot firmly on the ground in every photo!

Thanks so much Rich - and to everyone else for helpful comments, advice, encouragement etc. I've gone from swearing this would be my last marathon to planning my 2 spring ones!
01/11/2006 at 09:52
I can just about see myself on YouTube - I'm just in front of micknphil right at the back of the start (but it's a very dark video - not up to richk kwalitee)
01/11/2006 at 17:07
Rich, Many Thanks for the bigger picture and promotion up the page!
02/11/2006 at 15:32
Rich - you caught me about 6 photos down from the man running with the cyclist in the 18 mile pages - probably the moment it all started to go horribly wrong....

Legs still feeling tired - Marlow 1/2 is going to be tough this weekend.
02/11/2006 at 16:41
Hob Nob

You can bet your life Marlow is going to be a tough Half this weekend...

If as you say,
you legs are still feling tired !

But of course there is one consulation to it all

Marlow is only a half !!!

We are at Stevenage for a nice quiet run

We 've done Worksop last weekend
03/11/2006 at 08:10

You're welcome :)

Don't know how I missed you, Hob Nob, but you're restored to your rightful place now :)

You're right, Marlow will be hard!! Good luck with it . . although as Mick says, you're only running to the half way mark this time :)
03/11/2006 at 12:06
RichK - the girls in my WRN group wanted me to say a big thank you for the great photos you took of them - especially the 5 girls doing their first marathon were chuffed to have so many photos of the occasion.

They're all talking about the next marathon to do now....
5,441 to 5,460 of 5,497 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.