adidas Silverstone Half-Marathon

81 to 100 of 155 messages
14/03/2010 at 21:05
Really enjoyed this race today! Can't believe I smashed my PB from 2:00:57 down to 1:47:33 (according to Garmin, anyone know when official times get posted?)! Chuffed to bits. Glad it wasn't just me finding the last mile very windy! I thought it was a great race as there seemed to be lots of space to run and wasn't congested like lots of others I've done. Plus everyone was really friendly and chirpy. The sun helped! Well done everyone.
14/03/2010 at 21:06
First race of 2010 and I enjoyed the day. Wind on that last mile was an absolute nightmare though - at least from the comments on here and on the race reviews it wasn't just me that found this !!

Anyone know when the chip results might be available ?
14/03/2010 at 21:09

Does any one know when the official reults will be on.  Think I got a pb - want to be sure!

14/03/2010 at 21:44

Good race - plenty of space, good weather (if a bit windy) and plenty of drinks.  I got 2hrs, happy with that.

Still no results that I can see either

parking was a bit poorly organised, took me about an hour to get out.   Nevermind, well done all.

14/03/2010 at 21:50
Took us ages to get out too and roads so busy.  Got home at 7   Tired now but glad of doing first sub  hr - just!
14/03/2010 at 22:22

My Garmin forefunner 50 made it 14.2miles! I had calibrated it as well. I did do an awful lot of ducking and weaving past people as I started near the back - could this have made up a whole mile or is it on the blink?!

Great day though

14/03/2010 at 22:31
Thanks ELGM.  My Garmin 305 says 13.33.  It got to each mile about .17 miles before the mile marker.
15/03/2010 at 07:01
Had great fun at this race. Silverstone is a place of fab (motor) racing memories for me so to run on the track was just awesome. It seemed for the whole race you'd get a tailwind on a uphill and a headwind on the down, so it was quite even, until the final quartermile which was, as you've all said, a killer. Still PB'd it (like everyone yesterday it seems!) in 1:25 ish. Tired today!

Nick P, I don't know if it was a Garmin thing, but my 310 was clocking the miles earlier and earlier. I couldnt even see the mile 13 marker when it said I was there. Mine read 13.35 at the end.

Good work all, thanks for making such a great day out.
MovingAlong    pirate
15/03/2010 at 08:58

NickP & Ben - my Garmin was about .15 early every mile. Crossed finish line with 13.3.

Didn't think much to the course to be honest - running on the race track was a novelty and well worth doing though. There was also a complete lack of atmosphere - doubt I'll be doing this one again.

And that fact the results aren't up yet is pretty bad - I've received text messages from lower-key races in the past before now...

15/03/2010 at 09:39
My garmin said 13.36 at the end, which meant I did my race pace target to do it in 2 hours, but didn't cos it was longer. I'm not overly bothered cos its Stratford that I want to do in well under 2 hours, my main goal from yesterday was to enjoy it, which I really did. I thought the atmosphere amoungst the runners was really good. Special thanks to the lady who told me to get moving when I was having a Tourettes moment in the headwind in the last mile, and apologies to the man who got a load of my exploding GO gel around mile 6.
15/03/2010 at 09:42
There's a lot of people saying this course was 13.3(something). Anyone got a non-Garmin GPS to cross-reference it with? Seems unlikely with such an event, but the Garmins are all hugely consistent. I remember trying to run the shortest route possible. Might we all have run a bit further than 13.1?
15/03/2010 at 09:54

Mine was 13.3 miles on my Garmin too! I say we all ran further, it's an extra reason to eat copious amounts of cake today.

15/03/2010 at 09:59
ladybee you had plenty of reason to eat cake by knocking that much off your PB! well done!
MovingAlong    pirate
15/03/2010 at 10:01

The direct running route on the course would have been 13.1. I reckon we've all taken some corners a bit to wide, especially near the start with the crowds.

Having said that, it was strange that it stayed consistent though after the 1st mile for me.

15/03/2010 at 10:13
The course was measured by Hugh Jones who is one of the world's leading course measurers and the shortest route around the course was exactly the half marathon distance.
15/03/2010 at 10:17
Fair enough! Thanks for the info Nick.

Just checked a calculator site and if I'd run 13.1 I would've knocked just under 2mins off my PB. That'll teach me not to run in a straight line.
15/03/2010 at 10:18
I was there yesterday doing the Baggage and just want to congratulate all you runners - it was a great day and I enjoyed myself thoroughly.  Hope to be running it myself for a third time next year.  Well done you are all amazing.
15/03/2010 at 11:00
Hi Everyone,

I have to say I was so disappointed with the event yesterday! No atmosphere, a few onlookers but barely any cheering along a boring building site route! Won't be doing this again...

I did the Great North Run in September and had a such a great time, I barely noticed the pain in my legs for all the cheering and music along the way.

Oh well, nice goody bag at the end and another medal memento

15/03/2010 at 11:28
15/03/2010 at 11:28
http://silverstone.r.mikatiming.de/2010

results are in!
81 to 100 of 155 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.