Adidas Silverstone Half Marathon

1 to 20 of 33 messages
23/01/2013 at 17:08
Anybody know when we will get our race packs for this one?
01/02/2013 at 10:59

Think it varies on the charity, I get mine next week BUT THEY DID SEND ME DETAILS FOR A NEW HOTEL OPENING FOR THE HALF MARATHON (sorry about caps.) Looks really cool right on the track. www.snoozebox.com is where i booked, hope it helps. Good luck!

02/02/2013 at 20:32

Anyone got any ideas how to get to the event using public transport? The websites are mostly useless and from when I can tell there are no buses.

04/02/2013 at 16:38

No idea on race packs. I signed up direct and can't find any info on website/confirmation email.

My original transport plans have gone right out of the window for this (my first half).

I will now be spending a lot of money on train to Northampton Sat afternoon, hotel near the station, then taxis to Silverstone and back.

I believe you can get there by bus but it's two separate services.

04/02/2013 at 18:05

I've just found my confirmation email which says that race packs and numbers will be sent by post two weeks before the event.

15/02/2013 at 11:27

I got my race pack yesterday  

Anyone else got theirs?

15/02/2013 at 22:42

Yep looking forward to it.

16/02/2013 at 17:14
Got mine yesterday
17/02/2013 at 09:57
Blue frog - buses go into silverstone village (number 89 I think), but I don't know how close it will get you to the circuit. Hope that helps.

I'm looking forward to Silverstone, will be my first half marathon. I don't expect to finish it in less then 3 hours though, but I will finish! Any race day tips?
17/02/2013 at 23:00

first race tip, get there early, the queues for miles around and it took me a good hour to get there after I got off the motorway, its just not quick

take spare clothes, I have been twice and have found 2 extreme weather conditions ( first year i was just spectating ) one freezing cold and wrapped up to the elements and last year boiling hot and people were dropping with heat exhaustion ( thankfully i put summer running kit in and changed once I got there )

the course itself if flat ( apart from running over a bridge which can catch you out ) nice crowd support and lots of fancy dress costumes as alot of people use it as a pre London warm up in their training programme

Enjoy it Kirsty, doesnt matter what time u finish, but finishing it is the main achievement and u get a nice medal and a t.shirt

btw I still havent had my number through yet but there is still time this week for it to arrive so not panicking just yet lol 

18/02/2013 at 08:30

Anyone know how the car park entry works?  Is it a one way system once you get off the A43? 

My plan was for my wife to drop me off and come back later but I'm concerned she's going to get trapped in a one way system similar to what they operate at the F1 GP

18/02/2013 at 10:06
Hi Andrew, there are no road closures/one way systems in place so your wife should be able to get back out without any issues. Hope that helps
18/02/2013 at 11:32

Got my pack on Friday  looking forward to it.  Last year was my first and it was very warm and hoping this year not as bad  check the weather forecast the day before so your prepared for heat/cold its very open to the elements so you do need to be prepared.

Allow time to get in, no road closures but heavy traffic the later you leave it.  Getting out last year complete nightmare, they shut the road we came into the carpark on (very top roundabout) the marshall would not let us out but couldnt stop us bumping over the kerb (even suggested it which is crazy) fortunately in OH's van so thats what we did as did alot of other people.  Totally ridiculous and car park marshalls didnt have a clue, going to park off the circuit this time and walk

18/02/2013 at 12:49
Kirsty Paintain wrote (see)
Hi Andrew, there are no road closures/one way systems in place so your wife should be able to get back out without any issues. Hope that helps

Hi Kirsty

Thanks for that. It helps enormously!

18/02/2013 at 15:12
No trouble chance of me being late as will be living Essex at 6:30am on my clubs baggage coach and will arrive about 8:30.

I took a couple of running clothes option so that I could decided what to wear at the last minute.
01/03/2013 at 12:58

Might be lucky with the weather: http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2637827 

02/03/2013 at 00:34
Anyone have a link to info on the runners world pacers? I.e. where to meet them and what speeds are available?

Is parking free?
03/03/2013 at 00:13

Can't find anything on pacers.

Parking is free afaik.  It was the last time I did this, a fair few years ago.

Weather appears cold, but dry.  Should be good.

Good luck, have fun, and see you there.

03/03/2013 at 06:26
Thx Bullit
04/03/2013 at 09:26

Nice day for a run, although felt like I was heading into the wind for most of it. Course was a bit boring, but flat and quick. Didn't like the tannoys they had round the track playing tinny pop music mixed with garbled announcements. Traffic was busy on the way in, but completely clear on the way out.

All in all, fairly good day, but not one I'd rush back to.

1 to 20 of 33 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.