Advice needed with regards organising a charity fun run

3 messages
25/01/2013 at 14:34

Hi All

I am a teacher in a FE organisation and my students are required to organise an event as one of their projects. I am considering getting them to organise a charity fund run in aid of comic relief.  I have taken part in loads of races, but never organised a run.  Can anyone who has organised a charity event pass on any words of wisdom please. Although they will do most of the organisation, I need to be able to facilitate this and ensure that the event is smoothly run and a success. I am considering getting them to organise it as after school mid week event to encourage families to take part - any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

31/01/2013 at 20:28
Do you have a local running club you can ask for help? I guess the biggest issue would be with running on public roads, so maybe course choice will make a difference?
31/01/2013 at 20:32

Thanks Black and Tabby.  I  have put out a couple of emails to local clubs in hopes of some support/advice/help.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.