Amsterdam - Marathon, Half n 10K

Beans Abroad :-)~ 16.10.05

1,001 to 1,020 of 1,171 messages
11/10/2005 at 16:46
Hey - maybe I should sign up - they get their own dressing room!
11/10/2005 at 17:28
Clive I do beg my pardon that will teach to rush and post.

Yes it was all in dutch I just winged it looks like i did okay:-)

ML
We are international athletes and tis only what we deserve;-)
12/10/2005 at 09:12
Thanks Poppy - i don't get the emails. Think we might tag to a pacing group to finish in 2 hours for half as we've not run one for over 18 months! Did the 10 miler last week in 1h36 so should manage half in 2 10 max. Wont be PB but we're just gong to enjoy the race etc. Mr T has bad toes from Sunday too, so he'll no doubt be suffering.
Hope to see you Friday.
Off tomorrow, so i hope everyone has safe journey, enjoyable time in Amsterdam and fab race.
Take care peeps
12/10/2005 at 09:53
Think I am going to try and tag on to the four hour marathon pacers.....don't think for one minute I have a hope of finishing in four hours.....but if you don't try....etc etc etc.....as long as I am under four and a half hours, I suppose I can't complain......

good luck to all
12/10/2005 at 10:14
Those EHIC cards are suprisingly quick aren't they Mudlark thanks for previous post, mine arrived today.

I was wondering about the tagging alongside pacers too tequila and CN as I'm hoping for around 1:55 half.Are you not bothering with signing up for a pacer then?

12/10/2005 at 11:12
I think you can just tag along, after all what's stopping anyone running where they want to?

Are we going to try to wear a ribbon or something? I'm sure i can find something in AMS before Sunday!!
Anyway I'll be 'wearing' a flag of St George on my back, just in case anyone wants to know!!!
Also Haille is gong for the World record so maybe us lot doingthe half can see him finish before we start running?!
12/10/2005 at 11:23
Should be loads of time to see the winners of the FM plus a few of the Forumites before the start of the HM
12/10/2005 at 11:48
Sorry, just catching up (trying!) - what are these EHIC cards? Are they mandatory?
12/10/2005 at 12:14
Well - Not long to go now..

WP - Thanks for the info - I will try with Juicer to keep up with the green team...

Not feelin to good at the mo. Think i've got a bit of a cold comming with swollen glands... taking loads of vit c and trying to eat really well this week..

Hope to catch some of you at some point...
12/10/2005 at 12:22
Mulit - they replace the old E111 forms you used to get from post office in case you need medical help. However we've left it too late as you need to send the forms off, but have adequate holiday insurance, so if you've got that you should be alright!

Prue - hope you feel better soon and get rid of lurgy in time!
12/10/2005 at 12:43
Cheers, Tequilla!
RJK
12/10/2005 at 12:52
From last year, you can just follow the pacers; they have a huge group and lots of balloons, they're easy to see.

I'm going ignore them this year though. Last year I thought I might be on for a time of around 4:30 and thought it might be a good idea to follow the pacers.

But I lost touch with them after I stopped for a (heh, heh) comfort break on the first return to the stadium. I them spent the next five miles hoping I'd catch them again, not realising that this had got me into the trap of going to fast.

I blew up badly and trailed in with a time of 5 hours - the pacers probably in the pub by that point.

So this year I'm going to stick to my own pacing, however slow it is!
12/10/2005 at 16:03
Seats are booked, nearly time to go.
Am soooooo excited!!!! And still 3 days to go!!
Poppy when you are out for your 5.30am run 2morrow we'll be getting ready to go!
Hope to see some of you out there,
bye chaps and chappesses
12/10/2005 at 16:11
Yes the excitement is rising.
I'm just wishing my life away waiting for the next race.
12/10/2005 at 16:18
Tequila

Have a safe trip will think of you as I am doing my 6 miler tomorrow morning at 5.30am;-0

See you Friday

Have a safe journey dont forget your race kit!!

Pru
take care and hope you feel better soon.

Multi where have you been:-)

RJK

Tis a worry of mine about the pacers will discuss with last briefing session with coach what to do for the best.
12/10/2005 at 16:37
Thanks for the info - RJK

I am going to try and tag along.... couldn't work out where to put my name down on the dutch website.....I can't see how they are going to stop anyone who wants to run alongside?

Used the RW pacer in FLM 2005 until I lost them about 17 miles.....think the benefit of those 17 outweighed the demoralisation(?) I felt for the last nine miles having lost sight of them......think I would have been considerably slower if I had paced myself
12/10/2005 at 16:45
Just wondering about this E111 thingy. I went to France August this year and had a E111 then. Is that one still valid for this weekend?

Am (fingers crossed, touch wood and all that) on the road to recovery now (at last) but my running is pitifull!!! Hope I can pull it out the bag on the day.

Enjoy the taper everyone and hope all is well with you by Sunday :-)
12/10/2005 at 17:08
RC: It should be - any E111 issued any time this year is valid to the end of the year - and it should say somewhere on the certificate which dates it is valid for. (Mine has the period 01/06/2005 - 31/12/2005 on it, for example).

Glad you're feeling better, by the way. My paranoid side thinks I'm coming down with some phantom cold. Sure I'll be fine.

Touch wood :)
12/10/2005 at 19:10
Good luck everybody. We're flying out from East Mids and looking forward to it now (doing the half.
12/10/2005 at 20:47
Just got to finish packing after watching the England match tonight. Off tomorrow from EMA (seems to be popular)

See some of you before the race at the meal. Good Luck to the rest.

1,001 to 1,020 of 1,171 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.