Amsterdam - Marathon, Half n 10K

Beans Abroad :-)~ 16.10.05

1,161 to 1,171 of 1,171 messages
21/10/2005 at 17:50
Hello CC

What a brilliant achievement by knocking 43 mins off your time.. how did you do it??? tips please..
webrunner - no photos of me on there, me thinks just as well as don't want to be reminded of how much of a wreck I looked after Sunday night (I hid out the way of the cheese and stroked the donkeys instead)...
Wish we could go back a week and do it all again.

Donna
21/10/2005 at 18:48
must have some photos of you on my cd from the night out will send you a copy next week will also sent you some info of the reims trip for your club
21/10/2005 at 19:52
bonjour runners,
A big thanks to all the giants I shadowed to avoid the little blasts of wind..........you really make the best windbreakers..........
Charlie Chaplin - super duper effort losing 43 mins from your last marathon. I, however thought there were plenty of water stations and many lovely cloggies also having home made stations outside their houses along the route too, was very cheering!
I really enjoyed the run and cant wait to get cracking with the next one!
I walked from the stadium back to Joordan area and i have to say, it did my legs the power of good........have had no problems except a little stiffness Monday and early Tuesday - best tip I ever heard!
Congratulations everyone!
03/11/2005 at 20:39
Wonder how Pseudo got on with the Washington mara ?
- hope everyone has recovered well !
03/11/2005 at 22:23
DG- Pseudo has posted his Washington details on the NY thread. I won't spoil it for you by telling you how he has done. I'll let you have a look for yourself. Damn impressive in my eyes though.

I had 2 weeks off after Amsterdam and am now back in the swing of things. Just waiting to see if I have got a FLM place or not now!
04/11/2005 at 18:38
Fattty
i wondered where you had been glad you had a good time.

I have been back training for last week and will do Rotterdam in the spring :-) and Amsterdam again in the autumn.

So is everyone else planning there next marathon.
05/11/2005 at 11:36
Thanks Nigel - I'll have to go in search of the New York thread then.Like you I've had two weeks off - back to recovery runs now with a bit of x training for variety - have just joined Brigthon AC - so hoping to get into some X country over the next few months.
Fingers crossed for you getting into FLM!

Welsh Poppy sounds like you've got your action plan all set out -glad to see you enjoyed Amsterdam enough to go back - will you do the full mara again ?
I'm doing Flm next year and might consider Washington/ New York next Autumn if I can get in !
05/11/2005 at 17:26
Hi DG

Yes the full marathon although I had problems I believe the course is a good PB potential so will target it as my Autumn marathon.

yes I failed to get in for FLM so Rotterdam here I come:-)

NY is very easy to get into a friend has done it last 5 years and he ties it in with a meaga shopping trip to keep his wife happy:-)

good luck with your plans and prep for FLM are you targetting a time?
09/11/2005 at 13:18
Hi WP

Rotterdam sounds good - hope it dosen't fill up as quickly as Paris!
Hmmm - maga shopping trip in NY - tht sounds good!

As for FLM -I'm hoping to get my times down quite a bit - I could say 3.30 but I ideally I'd like to get as near 3.15 as possible - we'll see - I sense some very hard training comming up ! Have you got target times for Rotterdam and Amsterdam ?
15/09/2008 at 11:01

Hey great to see so many doing Amsterdam!...just found this link so nice know there will be many travelling from the UK too.....this will be my first Marathon...so best of luck to everyone and maybe see a few of your around the city or on the way over...

15/09/2008 at 11:05
Paul, this one is for the 2005  races. There is 1 for this year's race usually on page 1 or 2  of the Races section

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
1,161 to 1,171 of 1,171 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.