Amsterdam Marathon 2009

Who's doing it!

261 to 274 of 274 messages
21/10/2009 at 16:10
Whilst I was away my numbers for cheddar half (7th Nov) and Sodbury slog (8th Nov) arrived and I may do a 5k next Tuesday
21/10/2009 at 16:41
Suicide Six - oh the joy of these winter mudfests.
21/10/2009 at 17:35
o
21/10/2009 at 23:29
H. wrote (see)
What's everyone's next race then?  I think I need my bumps felt... going for Comrades!? :-0

Dunno yet H. Would like to try a 10k before the years out, as never done one before, just full & ½ maras. Gonna have to let my body recover, espesh pesky achilles which is a real drag. Think I need to get it seen to really as it's been on/off for 5 years with that injury. Gonna be doing London mara next April, then Edinburgh 5 weeks later and Chicago in Oct, with halfys in and around all those. Can't wait for springtime already lol!!

musketeer wrote (see)

Yes I saw those geese - i was a bit wary of them as they can give you a nasty nip.

Thanks to whoever put up the bit about the Hotel Fashion being the Secret deal on  one of the hotel broker's sites - very good deal at about £32.00 per person per night (room only). A bit weird with a clear glass door into the bathroom, a window in the wall between the bathroom and the bedroom, and wetroom shower that flooded the whole bathroom.

Hmmm, weird. Suppose that's the price of Fashion then Muskers! Sorry, dreadful gag. Good deal that though, we were in the Ibis and that cost 280 euros for 2 of us for 3 nights, so 32quid a head is spot on for a trendy hotel.

22/10/2009 at 10:46

What an awesome experience!!!! Was my first marathon and came in at 3:32:18, nearly bang on my pre race goal. Hoping to knock off a good 35 mins off this at my next marathon, my pre night preparations could of went much better, i.e. not partying till 3am along with my morning prep of just turning up and going which had its downfall, doing the last 3km in about 20 minutes but when in Amsterdam eh?

Massive thanks to the people who have posted on this thread as the advice was awesome . Looking forward to Edinburgh next year but want to find more marathons and try out some triathlons before then, any suggestions?

Edited: 22/10/2009 at 10:47
23/10/2009 at 12:48

Well done MM!! Great time on yer 1st mara! Partying till 3am the night before as well, haha, top effort! Take it you didn't make the Ajax game then? We did, 13quid a head each, good game as well.

Dunno about any full maras before now and my hometown race, Edinburgh, most maras do only take place from spring to Autumn. Should be a few halfys before that though. I better get registerd for Ed actually, I've done it 5times, this year it'll only be 5weeks after london so will be able just to plod round and enjoy it more.

Cheers!

23/10/2009 at 21:43

Mr Tiny Tina (Dave) says hi to all!

Well, there goes another marathon, managed my target sub 4 with 3.58, well pleased, being my first marathon in 5 years @42 and despite still a good stone heavier than last times 3.51pb at London. Cracking organisation and had a fun time at the expo too. The flat course was a plus, but must admit a bit disappointed with the route, not what I expected, however this was my first time away from the real big city events like London and New York, so have been spoilt a bit, the support was good overall and the Dutch are lovely people and couldn't be more helpful if you need them..And what a finish in the Olympic Stadium, a fantastic experience.

Tiny Tina made the half despite reservations and was glad she did, enjoyed it very much, I'm sure she'll say so herself sometime.

We've both taken the plunge and just entered Belfast Marathon for next May, there are very mixed reviews on this but it fits a schedule we can both make next year, I very much want to continue on the Marathon comeback trail and get that last stone off..I've had the mid life crisis with the booze, the car, and all the usual unmentionables, but have settled down now, got my trainers back on, and I am going to run into middle age instead..!!

Hey Neil, thanks for your kind words and encouragement, I'm sure we'll see your great laughing dog (Muttley?!) on a forum again somewhere cool..

And I just want to say hello to Musketeer, we twigged late on you are from round ere@Bristol, I was gonna shout "Would the real Musketeer please stand up" on ze plane but Tiny Tina made me behave, so a belated hello and maybe we'll cross swords at what will be our first sodbury slog, good luck in running..

Cheers y'all! 

29/10/2009 at 17:22

Hows everyone after almost 2 weeks post race? I'm totally laid up with my left achilles, itching to get back and do some light jogging - went to the gym to do some light weights and core work, but it's D.U.L.L I want back on the road and cant wait for my next race of any sort!

Well done Mr&Mrs TT by way, top stuff!

30/10/2009 at 12:07

Thanks to tiny tina for persuading Mr TT not to embarrass me

Did about 20 miles last week and will have done about the same this week before  tapering for Cheddar half, which may be the last one that CRC do.

30/10/2009 at 12:24
Hi all

Had a great time in amsterdam. PB of 3.12 so was pleased with that, although annoyed to stop on the upside of the underpass at 36km. Pleased to run with a great danish guy for the last 2km, pushing each other to keep going!!

Weather was great, organisation pretty good, surprised this event doesnt get much more runners.

Good luck everyone on your next marathons

04/11/2009 at 19:37
Hello people, Mr TT here,

well i guess this thread is running to yarns end, but finally, hey Neil, like you i'm looking forward to getting back to real full competitive action, beeen taking it easy with aching feet but have a local 'race' of sorts this weekend so looking forward to that, you have a great line up of races next year, most envious, good luck with that!

Good luck with your forthcoming weekend Musketeer, sad to hear may be last Cheddar half, did it once and enjoyed it, and you are a brave man doing the Slog the next day! Farewell D'Artagnan!!

On behalf of us both, (Mrs TT says hi) long may you run....

H.
06/11/2009 at 08:15
There's already a thread started for next year
06/11/2009 at 15:22
The road goes on forever!
06/06/2010 at 22:04

I am looking to do the Amsterdam marathon this year. Any ideas for cheap hotels?

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
261 to 274 of 274 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.