Amsterdam Marathon 2012

741 to 760 of 1,006 messages
13/10/2012 at 23:06

anyone need a race entry, full marathon, i have one spare as i cannot attend

14/10/2012 at 14:01
Hi, I'm w ordering if anyone still has a hotel room that the don't need for the night of the 20th? I'm running the race and have my own hotel booked, but family really want to come, so would be fab if anyone has a room going for a reasonable price. If you do - drop me an email on alexander(underscore)ehmann(at sign)yahoo.co.uk

Thanks

Alex
14/10/2012 at 14:12
I have a double room. You could have for 45 pounds in luxury hotel. Let me know.
14/10/2012 at 18:30
Stellafella - no bag provided. They stick a tag on it at the bag drop. Re: pens. Not sure - you can always give it a go on the day or alternatively, ask at the expo for them to amend your start pen details on your number. Maybe take evidence of your recent time.

EDIT: congrats on the PB!
Edited: 14/10/2012 at 18:48
14/10/2012 at 20:09

Did 14,5 km (app. 9 miles) yesterday and plan to do like 5-6 km on tuesday and then rest. Can´t believe that it´s less than a week now.

I found the photos from last year to be very inspirational. Hope we get the same nice weather:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/80171240@N06/sets/72157630072609776/

14/10/2012 at 20:11

Yeah weather looked great last year. The current forecast for next Sunday is'nt looking good though. Meh.

14/10/2012 at 20:14

Knocked 37seconds off my parkrun PB yesterday, just what I needed to put the doubts to bed after my injury. Final decision to man up and go for 3:30! So if anyone else is going for 5min/km then I'll be wearing a green Leeds Uni vest and my numbers 6492.

Also don't know if I've missed this but does anyone know will there be online tracking?

14/10/2012 at 20:15

Compared to Manchester the weather looks brilliant!

14/10/2012 at 20:56

I had a look at the website yesterday for online tracking, but couldn't see anything.

15/10/2012 at 08:10
15/10/2012 at 08:10

Hi all,

@Weedy - they'll put it up on the day/day before normally.

Is everyone in taper madness?

15/10/2012 at 10:06
Taper madness!! Did 12 miles yesterday and barely touched the sides!!
15/10/2012 at 10:30

Thanks Lizzie and Emmy - typical bloke, can't find anything.

Now, where did I put my trainers? I put them somewhere after my last run, but it's been so long since I did it, I've forgotten where they are.

And where's my passport got to?

15/10/2012 at 10:34

@Weedy - I had the funniest "episode" before a race on saturday night. I woke up at 2am convinced that someone had stolen my trainers. I woke up my friend saying "they've stolen them. They're not here...!!" for them to turn over and say - you put them by the door before you went to bed.... d'oh!

15/10/2012 at 12:24

Oldscotia, I'm flying out on Friday but would be interested in room. How many do you have? Is there one still going for £45?

15/10/2012 at 14:39

Hi all, annoyed I've just this thread with a week to go! Finishing my long run tapering from just over 22 3 weeks ago, 14 2 weeks ago, 10 on Saturday and a little 5 tomorrow before resting up for the big day!

Aiming for sub 3.30, is anyone else really keen to start the marathon now after all the training? Being my 1st one I suppose it may be different.

15/10/2012 at 15:01
Red_Rach wrote (see)

Knocked 37seconds off my parkrun PB yesterday, just what I needed to put the doubts to bed after my injury. Final decision to man up and go for 3:30! So if anyone else is going for 5min/km then I'll be wearing a green Leeds Uni vest and my numbers 6492.

Also don't know if I've missed this but does anyone know will there be online tracking?

I'm looking at running a 5min/km race, would be useful to try and run with someone else on the same pace if you want to try and meet up before you race. I'm assuming your starting in Area D also.?

Lizzie Bizzie wrote (see)

try this link

http://www.tcsamsterdammarathon.nl/en/app-2/

It's a shame that there's only an andriod app and nothing for iOS. Meh.

Edited: 15/10/2012 at 15:05
15/10/2012 at 15:18
Red_Rach wrote (see)

Knocked 37seconds off my parkrun PB yesterday, just what I needed to put the doubts to bed after my injury. Final decision to man up and go for 3:30!

Glad the Parkrun worked out for you RR. Congrats on the huge PB! Always nice to get that big confidence boost so close to the big day. Looks like your peaking bang on schedule!

James Naughton wrote (see)

Hi all, annoyed I've just this thread with a week to go! Finishing my long run tapering from just over 22 3 weeks ago, 14 2 weeks ago, 10 on Saturday and a little 5 tomorrow before resting up for the big day!

Aiming for sub 3.30, is anyone else really keen to start the marathon now after all the training? Being my 1st one I suppose it may be different.

That's a side effect of the taper and why people refer to it as taper madness! From going to high intensity and lots of training you find you have bundles of energy and just want to get out there and get on with it! My wife hates it when i taper - i cant sit still!

You should still run through the taper though - just keep the mileage and intensity really low. Before Berlin last month I ran c. 17 'recovery paced' miles during the lead up week, with longest run at just under 4 miles. It helped keep the legs turning over and the taper madness at bay.

15/10/2012 at 17:01

Hi Tiddy,

Yes, I still have the room. The hotel have confirmed in writing that I may pass my reservation onto another person. There would be no problem as I can email you all the online booking details quickily and easily. It is a real bargain and a luxury hotel. I am only selling it because I cant do the marathon because of injury. If you are interested email me at davidntaylor@hotmail.com. asap.

Thanks

15/10/2012 at 19:05

last call as its so close now, i have a full marathon entry for sale, you can transfer bib numbers online, i can post my booking letter special delivery which you take to the desk at the event to collect your bib/t shirt etc, contact olney_ben@yahoo.co.uk

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.