Anyone know if Nottingam marathon is confirmed?

21 to 24 of 24 messages
28/06/2013 at 21:27

I'm doing the half as preparation for Abingdon in October. As it is a half I will be laying off the rice pudding

Accommodation booked at Also-rans Ma&Pa's. Hope they don't insist on feeding me up.

29/06/2013 at 21:52

I did the full marathon 3 years ago. How is the course different now? Is it` better`, for those that know the city?

25/07/2013 at 16:45

I've just signed up for the full marathon so I do hope it turns out to be a good one! I wanted a challenge so I'm doing Nottingham followed by the new Yorkshire marathon 3 weeks later! 

25/07/2013 at 17:31

Egyptian Toe, I think it is flatter - the first 11 miles is the same as the half, which was changed last year. You don't go through Wollaton Park any more, which I think is a shame because that was a nice bit, but that does cut out a bit of a hill. There is a boring bit through the Boots Estate instead and then you run through the Trent Building on the university campus (instead of up a bigger hill up to the north side of the campus). I'm not sure how the rest of the full marathon route has changed; there were rumours they were going to cut out some of the boring bits of Holme Pierrepont but I think that was all lies.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 24 of 24 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.