Asics Wilmslow Half Marathon

81 to 96 of 96 messages
31/03/2008 at 12:39

Or via http://www.wilmslowrunningclub.co.uk/

then

Click here to enter ....

31/03/2008 at 13:32

JPenno
You don't make an appearance in the video that RunningBob has linked to, but I do have footage of you crossing the line (assuming you were in pirate gear as per the other Wilmslow half thread). Let me know if you want me to mail you the clip.
ADP

JPenno    pirate
31/03/2008 at 13:53
ADP - yes that was me. i will email you cheers
JPenno    pirate
31/03/2008 at 13:54
ADP - you dont appear to have email enabled, if you mail me i will respond
DG    pirate
31/03/2008 at 15:15
This site is a bloke in Mobberley who took loads of pics:  here found JP, Cal and Farnie, I'll send you the links in Facebook.
31/03/2008 at 15:17

Jpenno

I have found the clip of you and set it to appropriate music! Mail me at andy_penney@ntlworld.com and I'll send it to you.

ADP

31/03/2008 at 17:27

This was my first half marathon and I thought it was great - and I agree that the support, especially from the kids was great......loved the kid at the start who shouted "there's only 13miles to go"......thanks!

Biggest grumble was with the people wearing headphones and therefore couldn't hear you coming up and so ran right across you, or into you (I  thought the rules stated you couldn't wear them anyway?)  ....grrrrr.....

2mins to cross the start line wouldn't have bothered me if there was chip timing - but even without it ,my official time still came in 14seconds under my 2hr goal (and therefore more money for my charity) so I was pretty pleased with that - for my first time anyway!

Loved the scenery around the course and some of those houses are fabulous too.

LIVERBIRD    pirate
31/03/2008 at 17:41

The jury is out on Ipod/MP3 players on races. I personally would rather have support from a crowd and a few bands to cheer me along, but Liverpool Half recently had neither and I wouldn't have wanted to have been without it. (Apologies to those at Liverpool who did come and cheer us on- but there weren't many of you, even though it wasn't a rainy day)

It is certainly true that people with music blaring in their ears do get in the way. There was a thread a while ago calling for them to be banned. The USA takes a bit of a dim view of music players in marathons, with a few places banning them altogether.

Don't really know if I'd want an outright ban - each to their own, but don't have it so loud you aren't aware of your surroundings for goodness sake!

Farnie    pirate
31/03/2008 at 18:23

There was supposed to be a no-MP3 rule at Wilmslow and whatever your opinion, you should respect the race organiser and comply with their rules.

There was one girl in particular who ran/walked from the start and had an MP3 blaring.  She got in everyones way that was anywhere near her.  She neither knew nor cared I don't think. 

01/04/2008 at 07:41
I totally agree with the above comments on i pods. I bloody HATE them and the people who wear them. I was barged into by one bloke wearing one below his headband. He looked a dickhead but that's another tale. He was totally oblivious to anyone around him and obviously doesn't give a toss for the race rules because it clearly says they should not be worn.
It's rule which is obviously difficult to police so runners should respect the instruction even if they do normally run with one.
LIVERBIRD    pirate
01/04/2008 at 08:58

Farnie - should have given her a quick kick up the arse.....

If those are the rules, then they're the rules!

And if we didn't have rules, where would we be? ................

01/04/2008 at 09:46
There are lots of Wilmslow Half photos at Link to www.tony-usher.co.uk
01/04/2008 at 13:43

big thanks to everybody at wilmslow who helped make this such a great day
my third time and it keeps getting better
even the weather was with us

the video is lovely - great choice of music too

01/04/2008 at 15:23
<blockquote>

Did a review on the review part where else!  Had to be a bit sneaky as sat in work and not on lunch half typing review and watching for the bosses!!

I would say the the event was brilliant and deserved 100% on every category, but i miss hit a few  Yes I know chip timing has been mentioned but it would be nice for the event, being one of the biggest half's in the UK.  As much smaller ones I have done hate it even some 10k, I did use my watch, but still it was only 3 mins over the start line.  Will def be back next year and able to hopefully set new PB for the course.  The weather was lovely compared to pic of the Kingston run same day.  People and the local support was great to.  Well done on a brilliant race and lovely to be up at home again. 

Sarah x

02/04/2008 at 07:44
Myself and Tony Usher who are both local photographers took plenty of images of our local half marathon. Tony has been covering the even for some years and normally has a link from the event website. Unfortunately this year the 'official' company that shoot the event objected so his link was removed from the event website. Tony's site can be found at ..

http://www.tony-usher.co.uk/

and my site where images can be purchased (with a donation to Christies for every purchase) can be found at ..

http://www.photoboxgallery.com/wilmslow2008

A great event as mentioned so many times above.

Jid

03/04/2008 at 00:24
why's not the photos from wilmslow out yet? was my first half marathon (3 times longer than ive ever ran before in competition) (3rd ever race in fact) and would love to see what i look like when struggling along

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
81 to 96 of 96 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.