Baildon Boundary Way Half-Marathon (Race full for runners)

Who's up for this then ?

21 to 23 of 23 messages
27/03/2010 at 11:17
Shoe advise please??,  Inov8's or will trail shoes be ok, the Inov8 not all that comfy over long distances but i'm guessing its going to be muddy
29/03/2010 at 08:18

Hi,

Sorry for not replying - my internet access went AWOL over the weekend.  Hope everyone enjoyed the event and made the right parking / shoe choices.  Karen - I find the same, have some muclaws which are great in the really boggy stuff but give me a blister on right heel every time.  I went for trail shoes and was pretty much ok.  Good few minutes short of a pb - blame it on the wind in the face coming down the canal - although perhaps not enough speed training may have contributed - but certainly enjoyed the day.

29/03/2010 at 10:15
Cracking race,definitley a bit of a headwind going down the canal but it more than made up for it by pushing me up over the moor later on.Used an old pair of road shoes myself,more for comfort than anything else,afterwards,I thought it was the right choice.Not bad time of 1.47,10 mins off half mara PB,but to be expected as it was first time running over boggy moorland,but the rest was familiar from eccup 10.Hope everyone else had a good injury free race.Did get a slight twinge rolling my ankle over a tree root but that soon wore off,luckily.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 23 of 23 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.