Barcelona Marathon 2014

16th March 2014: New Date

1,261 to 1,267 of 1,267 messages
22/03/2014 at 19:20
I agree Martin - not sure why I'm going to try and kill myself round London! It's not like I will win! But I guess to you need some hard ones to make the easy ones easy!
22/03/2014 at 19:56

Thanks guys, good to know.  Snowdonia is just going to be a social marathon with two mates at a slower pace than I'd usually do.  Due to other commitments I am a bit short of training time so I figured a slow marathon would be better training than say an 18-20 miler on my own.

22/03/2014 at 20:09

I'll be watching snowdonia the monk, it's on my doorstep and highly recommended. Very tough but could be very enjoyable if not done at full throttle  I would definitely do it again but I'm chasing times at the minute and Abingdon is the week before. 

23/03/2014 at 10:00

That's good to hear Martin, thanks.  It definitely won't be full throttle, most likely 90 secs to 2mins behind my PB pace, I still expect it to be tough but there's no pressure on me, will get the camera phone out and take a few snaps and hopefully just enjoy the day.  I wouldn't mind a crack at Abingdon one day, I hear that's for fast guys but with my improving times I am getting there!!

Just completed my first run since Barcelona, a nice easy 6, felt good.

23/03/2014 at 10:14

What a difference a week makes - decided to do a recce of a half marathon which starts & finishes in my town - temperature was, at most 5 degrees although was probably less with the wind chill factor - had a couple of heavy hail storms and there were a few brutal climbs!! I'm not sure it was the most sensible thing to do, recovery wise, and my legs weren't thanking me (particularly on the descents) but it was good fun!!

Snowdonia will be my next marathon - 8th successive year for me - determined to go sub 3 again and to train properly for it this time and make amends for not giving it the respect it deserves last year!! It will be my 1st race as a M45 and it would be nice to beat my PB there, although that is weather dependent

23/03/2014 at 13:36
John I know what you mean - I did 18 yesterday and 7 miles hills today and legs still are not happy with me - pace down from normal.
24/03/2014 at 11:05

Hi all,

Was lovely to see Wenty and friend at the start. Its a shame that so many people had a tough race. It certainly was a hot one!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
1,261 to 1,267 of 1,267 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.