Bath Half Marathon 2005

(not as hilly as Hastings)

7 messages
28/09/2004 at 17:51
So who's entering this then? Let's hope they get the organisation sorted out this year with race numbers sent out well in advance. I enjoyed the event last year, nice city, nice places to stay (Travelodge hell hole excepted), fairly undemanding course (although largely uninspiring scenery) and very many good places for a decent Sunday brunch afterwards.
28/09/2004 at 20:45
If this is the one in March then I think I might be doing it. Votes for this on here seem to suggest it is a badly organised event, but it is close-ish by and I do like Bath.

I am doing my first half on Sunday so whatever I get there, I will want 5 minutes less in Bath!!!
02/10/2004 at 22:07
I'm in for it again (I first did it in 1984), and it remains my PB course. As for places to stay - the in-laws, why not. And for footie fans, there's Cheltenham vs Southend United the day before, just up the road!
02/10/2004 at 22:29
Did it last year. Awful weather (nobodys fault) but absolutely awful organisation and I still wonder if any of the runners actually got their chip time at the end of it, not to mention the goody bag, or having to pay for a medal! Still it's quite a friendly race and I've already put in for next year as it's my home towns 1/2 and was still a really good day despite everything. And the final run down Pultney street feels good!
03/10/2004 at 19:25
Just done 1:55 in Cardiff so might hope for 1:50 in Bath..... Need to think about what I want to do next really.
03/10/2004 at 21:35
If you want to get into Bath, thinking about it is a luxury you don't have, Jen!
03/10/2004 at 21:41
Don't do it!!! It not worth it. Bath's a beautifull city and apart from the finish down Great Pulteney Street, you just run around an industrial estate. Twice!!!

I ran it last year, and it's a fast course, but by the sounds of the organisation this year I'm giving it a miss.

But, after saying that it is a popular race and fills up very quickly, so as AB2 says, you can't think about it, apply on line ASAP.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
7 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.