Bath Half-Marathon 2009

41 to 45 of 45 messages
09/01/2009 at 16:45

I would personally agree on the hanging around - i'd rather do that in the pub or with some food but I do understand it's different for others and for many people it is such a fantastic sense of achievement they want to saviour the moment - quite rightly.

Good idea on the parking - I think I may go for that this year regardless of the improved park and ride - much less stressful that way and at least then you are in control. 

15/01/2009 at 21:19

Cycling there on the Bristol bath cycleway could work.

Check out Bristol Running Resource for lots of local club and race information, plus more local stuff, plus stuff that isn't local (but not much of it)!

08/02/2009 at 00:14

I too was 'fed up' after last year's debacle - but it was exceptional circumstances.  I have run (plodded) this race for many more years than I care to remember and have always enjoyed the race due to the crowd support - and it is my local race.  So although I find the cost of entering extortionate  (and I was annoyed there was no reduction as an affiliated club runner) I am mindful of the fact that I am saving on petrol costs.  I am also aware that my (very) local Half Marathon in Midsomer Norton, is not happening this year due to the time and energy it takes to fulfil all the regulations and  the costs of road closures deemed necessary by our local council.  I hate to think how much it is costing to close the whole of the city centre, plus dealing with all the regulations/safety aspects for 15,000 runners plus their meeters and greaters.

I say. lets give this race another chance - I'm out to enjoy it - I won't be fast (I blame that on my age - though I've never been fast!) but I know it is a race where people will cheer me round the course and through the finish no matter what.

Good luck to all .especially first timers and all those raising money for charity.  Let's hope for perfect running weather this year!

08/02/2009 at 13:14

Now that I've got my number and all the good stuff,I too am looking forward to this years event.
It certainly looks as though there are already many improvements on last year,especially the new style of "wave start". Hopefully the marshalls are a little bit more prepared this year?

I love the bit about the event being a non smoking one!
As one who has never touched the evil weed I still find it "amusing" to see some "athletes" limbering up with a Woodbine dangling from their lips!

I wish the director,marshalls,helpers and the runners especially all the best for the day.
Let's make the Bath Half the best yet!

11/02/2009 at 15:59
YOU GOT YOUR NUMBER ALREADY?!?!?!  Where's mine?  Actually it's probably still in the postman's sack stuck under a pile of frozen snow!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 45 of 45 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.