Bath Half Marathon

12 messages
04/10/2002 at 22:24
For those who were thinking of entering the Bath Half Marathon, I've just checked the web site to find out why my cheque hadn't been cashed yet, and the heading is 'BATH HALF ENTRIES SOLD OUT IN JUST 4 WEEKS !'. See www.bathhalfmarathon.co.uk for further details.

05/10/2002 at 08:06
Multisport it also says they are not processing entries until this week. I am living in hope that my cheque has not been cashed as it is waiting in the first 5000 pile to be opened.
05/10/2002 at 17:25
It's ridiculous. Last year I sent my entry form in and the next week I read on the web site that the entries had closed. I had just missed the cut off date.
This year...I just sent my entry form in this morning, only to find this afternoon that they are full up. Darned if I'll bother trying again next year.

Any other half marathons on 16 March in the South?
05/10/2002 at 20:02
I hope I made it before the cut-off. I printed out the entryform and sent it off the same morning it was made available on-line. It will be my first half and I am really looking forward to it.
Has anyone done it previous years? (I went for that one 'cause it's meant to be flat. It that right?)

Catrine
06/10/2002 at 09:13
Does any one know anything about golden bond places for the Bath Half? I was very much looking forward to trying this one but didn't realise places were so sought after.
06/10/2002 at 13:38
My cheque was cashed around 1st October, I sent the form in the first day it was publically available online. It'll be my first and I was keen to do it because it's flat (hurrah!) and close to home but there's been some discussions on the forum that suggest that it's but no means the best. So if you haven't made the cut, perhaps it's no bad thing.
06/10/2002 at 14:50
Josie, if you go into the website www.bathhalfmarathon.co.uk, they have info about the golden bond places. Good luck

catrine
06/10/2002 at 16:16
If I get in its my first half too, Catrine.
07/10/2002 at 12:37
I hope you get in, keswick.
Good luck.
07/10/2002 at 12:45
Linca, there is a half in Fleet on 16 March 2003

www.fleethalfmarathon.com

There is also a thread in the Flora London Marathon bit of the forum about half marathons in Jan/Feb which mentions some other ones in March (Hastings?)
08/10/2002 at 08:30
Thanks Trickle -- Fleet is even closer and more convenient for me then Bath. I have also considered Hastings but maybe will save that one for another year.
Moe
08/10/2002 at 09:20
Don't worry too much about Bath the course is not that spectacular anyway, the race director is the same guy as Windsor (cram them in, fire the gun, let them get on with it, wheres the water?) and its by no means the best value Half in the south west. Try Plymouth in May, now that was a good value event/race.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
12 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.