Beachy Head Marathon

For Saussge Rolls

201 to 220 of 329 messages
Tommygun2    pirate
18/10/2012 at 15:41

Celtic/GHall

Crowborough Station isn't that in Jarvis Brook

I am not to far from Crowborough myself, in fact I was there at the Rugby club two weeks ago

18/10/2012 at 16:20

Hi all, just over a week of prep left before the race, call or text me on 07557530303 to book a sports massage to get your legs ready to go, book for this saturday and get 20 minutes foe £10 (usually £18). The clinic is in Eastbourne with plenty of free parking

Emily

18/10/2012 at 16:49

Crowborough RFC - always used to enjoy beating them.....awful bloody muddy pitch back in the day when I was playing

Tommygun2    pirate
18/10/2012 at 16:57

FB, I was watching my nephew play Hove and Crowborough got whooped 60 - 0

Nice club house though

18/10/2012 at 17:22

have they got a new clubhouse??   it was a bit of an old shed when I was playing...

QB
19/10/2012 at 07:39

yeh I remember it as an old shed on what must have been a rare long range away game...

BHM on the other hand leaves many fond memories so all you first timers will love it and it's a great one to start with as so supportive

not looking fwd to the mud but on the north downs this sunday for Greensands and it's still going to be raining so hoping that seven days later it feels relatively dry!

19/10/2012 at 09:15

TG: yes the station is in Jarvis Brook - it used to be called Jarvis Brook station.

GHall: I am originally from South Wales, but moved down here many years ago.

Crowborough had a new club house built last season and the pitch has had a lot of improvement over the last several years. I remember the old shed and boggy pitch from when I used to play against them - always a hard game due to conditions and he fact that it was a local derby. Doing quite well at the moment - promoted to London South East 2 this season have only last 1 match last season. Currently top of the league having won 4 out of 4.

Tommygun2    pirate
19/10/2012 at 09:43

Celtic. I thought the club house looked new. I used to play for Tonbridge OJ's.

Anyhoo if you are going to run the bit from cuckmere to Beachy Head the route from Birling gap doesn't go straight up but it takes the lower path around the hill.

19/10/2012 at 10:27

CR - who did you play for??  I used to play at Lewes (83-88) and Heathfield (88-93) and then was Chairman, and a VP at Heathfield but have no involvement now bar through old friends who are still active in ways with them.  I'm also a South Walian...Cwmbran.

19/10/2012 at 10:34

I played for Uckfield until the end of the 2003/04 season. Have the same involvement as you now - via friends but have more contacts at Crowborough and work with someone who plays for Medway (the other team promoted with Crowborough). Am planning on going up to watch the Crowborough/Medway match m,iddle of next month - great excuse to check the bar in the new club house works properly!

I'm from the Rhondda originally but my family moved down to Uckfield with work when I was little.

19/10/2012 at 11:05

ah - we always had good battles with Uckfield when I was playing at Heathfield - but clearly before your time and before the league system started.  strange to think that I retired from rugby 19 years ago....

19/10/2012 at 11:34

Does anyone think it's worth using a hydration pack for fluids and gels etc, or is it a case of using the hospitality available, I'm thinking I'll need as much help as I can get for the last 22 miles

Reason being that I did the Eridge 10 last month and was desperate by the time I reached the water points (it was very hot though). I did however discover the power of Jelly Babies!

CelticRunner: Do you frequent the Weatsheaf, was in there last night.

19/10/2012 at 11:46

Ghall - there's plenty of fuel and drink available at the aid stations which are well placed at convenient intervals.  and the chances of it being hot are - shall we say - remote... 

I've taken a hydration pack on one BHM - frankly it was a waste of time as I didn't need it.

Tommygun2    pirate
19/10/2012 at 11:46

GHall,

There are quite a few feed stations but I have always taken a bottle with me, I find that I need a few sips of water at the top of steep climbs, it maybe just a phycological thing but it works for me. oh and I carry a couple of gels for the seven sisters as thats when i really need a boost......

19/10/2012 at 17:27

I'm gutted that I will be missing this, but the lure of Snowdon was too great.

19/10/2012 at 18:36
I always carry a camelbak. It came in handy last year when Bopeep ran out of water.
Blisters    pirate
19/10/2012 at 23:27

Damn

Forgot to enter.

maybe next year?

Mr StOat    pirate
19/10/2012 at 23:37

I'm really looking forward to it

I shall be taking a camelbak as I like to think I have everything I need.

At least I'm running it with a friend this year so she will drag me along the flats and i'll drag her up the hills

20/10/2012 at 12:21

This time next week everyone...........

Silly boy Blisters!

20/10/2012 at 14:35
I'll be crawling over the Seven Sister Redhead
201 to 220 of 329 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.