Beachy Head Marathon

For Saussge Rolls

261 to 280 of 329 messages
25/10/2012 at 16:03

Trail shoes for me.

Brighton Road Runner - I have a pal who was trying to shift a place two days ago - you'd have to run in his name if he still has it tho as yes, transfer dates have passed. Let me know if you are interested but I am not a fan of running in others names - but up to you.

25/10/2012 at 17:03

I've got access to a place from someone I know if one is still needed (at cost)..........as above though, you'll need to run incognito. PM me if interested

25/10/2012 at 19:36

In my experience, a downhill rough paths into Jevington and Alfriston, you dont want to fall at these places. May be a bit muddy around friston forest and by river at Alfriston. Apart from this course should be dry, hopefuly no slippy chalk. I run around crowlink / birling gap / belle tout on sunday  in road shoes and it was fine in light dizzle. No rain since then so should be good running conditions. Watch out for wind chill up at Long Man / Bo Peep / Sisters.

Good luck everyone, enjoy

PS

Look behind you coming into Littlington, everyone misses the white chalk horse 

25/10/2012 at 19:39

Good luck everyone, new runners and seasoned alike.  I'm a newbie - not only is this my first BHM but my first mara!  To say that I'm psyched for it is now an understatement.   Hope everyone has a great time and lots of adventure (in a good way). 

25/10/2012 at 23:03
QFS - bad first choice !! Which ever you do after this will seem inferior ! Weather looks like being awesome - chilly, clear, not much wind. Bu**er New York next week, I'm doing this as well

Have a brilliant time everyone. Think it was Gary Player the golfer who said 'remember to take time to smell the flowers.....'. Great philosophy for this event - not many flowers, but unbelievable scenery, fabulous atmosphere, great runner camaraderie (you're allowed to chat!) and wonderful Marshalls - remember to speak to them !! Oh and beware the Sisters if it's your first - save a bit of gas for the last 6m. You'll need it.
QB
26/10/2012 at 07:53

Great quote that one... I think I took long enough last year to not only smell the flowers but count the petals. This year further recovered from injury, I'll still be sure as ever to take it all in. Enjoy everyone - especially now it looks like the weather may come through for us as an unexpected bonus!

26/10/2012 at 09:04

This will be my second Beachy, loved it last year but still recovering from Kielder three weeks ago so I'll be smelling anything in my path!!! (could be interesting through the cow field)

Hey ho....good luck everyone and enjoy x

FC

Tommygun2    pirate
26/10/2012 at 09:10

Looking forward to this, third one in a row, still slow as ever but slowly creeping towards a sub 5 hours . So I shall be smelling the things that there are to smell

26/10/2012 at 09:21

QFS - like you his is also my first marathon, really looking forwarded to it but nerves are really starting to build up.

Weather looks like tis going to be good so should be some great views.

26/10/2012 at 09:55

for those heading down today - have a good trip down and sleep well tonight.

me and Petal look forward to greeting old friends and new as we give you some abus...encouragement  on your way over Lullington Heath.  say hello to us as we are freezing our nuts off up there!  then when you lot have passed through we head off to our 2nd marshalling station just above the steps on the start/finish slope - I suspect a few of you will look a little different by then!

enjoy!

26/10/2012 at 10:26

I'll be plodding round in my Milton Keynes AC top (black and orange); it'll almost certainly be the only one on display. So if you see a six foot tall 50 year old in an MK vest say hello; I  might even have enough puff to reply.

Cheers and good luck - Raymond

26/10/2012 at 10:26

We are not at our usual first marshalling point this year as we signed up late cos we were going to be away (so no jaffa cakes and jelly babies at about 8 miles this year!). However, we will be above the final hill down to the finish from 11.45 till 5pm so should see you all as you come in for your finish. See you there too FB. Actually I am quite excited to be able to see the leaders come into the finish as we usually miss it, should be great ...though it has been raining here in Eastbourne this morning and due to be cold tomorrow, so wrap up warm, we will!! Good luck everyone

26/10/2012 at 13:04

I'll be wearing my trail shoes (will take my running trainers also), leggings and charity vest with Lombster on the back. Can't wait for it now! Good luck all.

26/10/2012 at 13:38

Heading down this evening. Packed my trail shoes and my backpack.

Hope my legs have recovered by tomorrow morning - I really didn't expect them to be so tired after last weekend's short races, but they were totally out of "oomph" at Wednesday's club training run.

26/10/2012 at 13:52

3 degrees at 9am rising to a heady 8 by finishing time (2-3pm for me I reckon as will definitely be walk/jogging and taking it easy), so it should be nice and fresh on the top of the B*tches  Should be very clear as well so views will be magnificent. Don't forget to look all around !

Trail shoes, long trousers and bottle belt for me (don't like running without liquids to hand). Not sure what to wear on top, but a few removable layers looks like the best option. And gloves

Luckily only have a 45 min drive to the start, hope to catch one or two of you there. Good luck

Edited: 26/10/2012 at 13:53
26/10/2012 at 14:12

Anyone have any suggestions on where to park?

I should be in Eastbourne by about 7:30 - 7:45.

Thank you

Tommygun2    pirate
26/10/2012 at 14:32

PAC76 at that time of the morning you should be able to park on the sea front raod fairly near to the start. It pay and display though so you might need a few pound coins.

26/10/2012 at 15:02

okey cokey, have to remember some change.

Thank you

26/10/2012 at 15:10

Well the weather isn't too hot up in Crowborough, little bit of rain but wet underfoot, forecast for Eastbourne tomorrow still looks sunny though.. let's hope it stays that way!

Being able to do a trail half marathon with over 450m of elevation in 1h.51m, am I being too optimistic in getting round in under four hours!!!

26/10/2012 at 15:48
Tommygun2 wrote (see)

PAC76 at that time of the morning you should be able to park on the sea front raod fairly near to the start. It pay and display though so you might need a few pound coins.

it's only pay and display below the Bolsover Road/South Cliff Road junction with King Edward's Parade - basically look for the big feck off South Cliff Tower as that's the junction landmark.   from there up to the start, and the side roads it's free parking.

but as TG says, free parking spaces do get taken up very quickly and you need to get there before 8am to guarantee not having to use a paid parking place.

Ghall - I would think a sub-4 would be a hard ask with that 1/2 PB - between 4 and 4:30 should be in reach with closer to 4:30 being realistic.  don't push a time for the 1st BHM - just savour the course and learn what it's like and then come back to try to improve your time.

261 to 280 of 329 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.