Berlin Marathon

Easiest way to fly get there?

6 messages
26/05/2008 at 11:48

I'd like to do the BerlinMarathon one day (2009 or 2010). I know it's a while off but I've had a quick look and flights seem to be a bit tricky. I'm based in Leeds - are there any direct flights from anywhere in the North of England? Who has been before and how did you get there? Any advice welcome.

Cheers

26/05/2008 at 11:50
East Midlands and Liverpool definitely fly there as they are the airports I'm using when I do this year's race.
26/05/2008 at 11:53

Barry K - sorry to divert this thread but I am currently trying to decide whether to do Berlin this year or not.  I know it is a fast course for those at the front, but do you know what it is like for those further back - still a PB or does the congestion rule a PB out?

Thanks

26/05/2008 at 11:55
This year will be the first year I've done it so I don't know.  I think there are people on the main 2008 thread who have done it before so it might be worth asking on there.
26/05/2008 at 17:57
Thanks Barry K, I'll check those airports, East Mids would be reasonable convenient for me.
26/05/2008 at 18:05
East Midlands seems to have flights that leave after 7pm so you'll not get into Berlin until 11pm onwards assuming no problems.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
6 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.