Bewl 15

21 to 27 of 27 messages
05/07/2010 at 18:31

Thanks very much to Wadhurst Runners for an excellently organised race.  Great value as it seemed to go on for ever!

Wonderful summer scene on arrival at the finish line. Mountains of cakes and and a brass band - fantastic!

06/07/2010 at 12:53

Guys - what a wonderful race. We are so proud of the apparent success. can it get any better? You bet I will be trying.

Already following up suggestions and have booked hot and cold refreshments for 2011 and other minor tweaks e.g. more sponges at water station no. 2 (the small dam).

Thanks for your support and fantastic reviews -, so far-  keep those Runners World votes flowing. See you next year on Sunday 3rd July 2011.

06/07/2010 at 22:57

If you didn't get your car flyered, missed the 6m flag, and didn't see Hannes lying in the gutter taking your picture around 9 miles or us out on the course and around at the finish - then you'll not have seen the photos which are here:

http://gallery.sussexsportphotography.com/a.tlx?k=4c3zfqx

enjoy ! another great Wadhurst event

06/07/2010 at 23:13
07/07/2010 at 22:34

Wow, seen it all now - the latest rating for 2010 has the comment 'Not good for racing as hard to overtake. Mile markers could be more prominent'

15-miles and the 'runner' found it hard to overtake! Absolutely staggering - perhaps the 1/2mile dam with a 15 foot path was not enough room, or the 3-miles of roads, or the path that is normally OK for a horse, two-bikes and a pushchair to get through at the same time was not wide enough! Seriously, just what do you expect when you sign up to run a rural event that borders a reservoir! Just how much overtaking do you do on a 15-mile race with 800 other runners?

Amazing! 

07/07/2010 at 22:43

I did rather a lot of overtaking thank you.

Not that I was too bothered about mile markers, my legs told me how far I'd gone but I think I saw the big signs.

Nah, the organisation for this race is brilliant.

21/06/2011 at 15:20

sorry link for last years gallery - the html embedded was different to that shown. It should be exactly as shown, not as per the link (which somehow had "cranleigh" added on the end)

i.e. here's the corrected.

http://gallery.sussexsportphotography.com/a.tlx?k=4c3zfqx

anyway, they are all archived now, so it will only be useful for a link through to the race website. Otherwise you're best to wait for the 2011 gallery link.

Good luck to everyone this year on the 3rd July

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 27 of 27 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.