BHF Warwick Castle Half Marathon

Whats the course - ?

81 to 100 of 180 messages
21/02/2013 at 08:54
I'm running this as my first half- really looking forward to it
22/02/2013 at 14:26

Just went to sign up...sold out, gutted!! 

25/02/2013 at 14:42

Hi, anyone with a spare entry im happy to buy it....

thanks

25/02/2013 at 20:34

there was someone on the FB group looking to get rid of one

28/02/2013 at 18:31
Hello all. Hope everyones training is going well!

Has anyone received their entry pack yet? I have an email saying I should, but I don't. Missing in post or just slow delivery?
28/02/2013 at 18:38

Got mine yesterday. You need to email warwick castle to let them know how many spectator tickets you need or you can call them on 01926 495421.

28/02/2013 at 19:41

Got mine on Monday.

Having real trouble with my hip which has started really hurting when I stand up and for a few paces when it eases a bit ran last night and it was ok after a couple of miles but really worried it's getting close to 17th. Got physio appointment booked for Monday so will have to see what they say. 

02/03/2013 at 12:40

I received my pack this morning. Phew. No spectator tickets are required but thanks for the info

Nelly: Hope the physio can give you good news on Monday; probably best to take it easy until then. You can't gain or lose a significant amount of fitness in two weeks, but its easy to pick up an injury / make an existing one worse. I'm not sure of your running experience but turning up at the start line well rested and injury free is a big chunk of the battle.

02/03/2013 at 19:17

Thanks Tim0 was in two minds about a long run tomorrow but think you're right rest tomorow and see what physio says on Monday. Hopefull enough work already in the tank to get me through on 17th 

05/03/2013 at 15:52

Physio says got half a chance if I take it easy and don't do anything silly between now and 17th.

Looks like I've got a two week tapper instead of one week, anyone any idea how much fittness you lose in two weeks?

05/03/2013 at 15:58

If anyone registered via Runners World, there was a problem with mine - I emailed bhf to check I'd been registered and the information hadn't made it all the way over to bhf's systems - I have no idea with this was a fault at RWs end or BHF's not loading in data, but either way if you don't have your race pack, it's worth following up.

06/03/2013 at 08:29
Missed out on this one, anyone know of any tickets going.
07/03/2013 at 12:09

Just had a look at the route, its looks like it going to be very nice, especially the rural section, although I doubt there'll be many supporters out there.

I've plotted the route and have the following stats for those interested.

Total ascent: 165m
Total descent: 156m
Start elevation: 58m
End elevation: 67m
Min elevation: 51m
Max elevation: 120m

It's basically uphill to the half way point and then down hill to the finish, with a few lumps in between. Much flatter than I was expecting. 

Edited: 07/03/2013 at 12:09
07/03/2013 at 12:15

Nelly: How long is a piece of string? 

In this case, not very. As long as you don't sit around all day eating cake you'll be fine. Just do what you can, easy jogging, cycling, swimming, stretching etc. 

07/03/2013 at 18:47

Yeah physio said stretch, stretch & stretch ............... she didn't mention not eating cake 

D day on tuesday, think I'll be sensible (for once) and accept what she says.

09/03/2013 at 09:13

OK I'm probably being stupid here and it's printed somewhere in big letters but, just looking through my pack , what time does it start next week?

11/03/2013 at 13:09
Hello!
I am visiting Warwick this weekend and am desperate to take part in the run. I am training for the Windermere Marathon and this weekend coincides with my half marathon training distance run. Lots of family in Warwick and would love to take part but the whole thing is sold out. Have spoken to the BHF and they won't budge on extra tickets or on the day entries. If anyone has a spare ticket that I could buy I would be delighted. Any folks who think they can't run it out there? Please send me a message if anyone has a spare. Happy Running.
11/03/2013 at 13:11

@NellyP on the website it says it starts at 9am.

11/03/2013 at 20:37

Hi folks

Does anyone want a spare number, I've entered this and didn't realise it was at the same time of the Ashby20 road race (20 miles undulating) which I really need to run instead as its part of my VLM training plan.  

I've looked at the event website and it looks like its the usual rules that numbers can't be transferred so you would have to run as me so you obviously have to be male and ideally a V50. As long as you don't mind your name not being associated with your run then I'm willing to post it out to whoever wants it for free, its first come first served I'm afraid.

Click on my name to private message me and the lucky first will be messaged back asking for their address and I'll send it 1st Class recorded signed for to ensure it arrives, so its best to give me an address where someone will be in.

11/03/2013 at 22:17

Hi folks

Sorry but my number has been taken by someone on here so apologies if you are disappointed but it had to be to the first one that messaged me to be fair.

Have a good race everyone, just think about me running a race at the same time which is 7 miles longer and very undulating.

81 to 100 of 180 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.