Birmingham 10K

Is this the first staging of this?

61 to 73 of 73 messages
03/11/2010 at 09:10
Still waiting Michael Mcquillan. I know my time was quite slow but still would like to know the official one!
03/11/2010 at 09:15

The guy at the start said they'd be on the MCC Promotions website within 72 hours which gives him another 49 mins approx.  Probably delayed due to building work or something....

03/11/2010 at 12:53

thanks Jon, this is the first race ive ever done, is this the norm? mike

03/11/2010 at 17:43
i see theres still no results yet for the birmingham 10 k, must being sent via wood pigeon or maybe moorse code. can anybody help.
03/11/2010 at 18:10
no this is not the norm...it's just rubbish.
03/11/2010 at 18:22
I feel slightly disappointed at this and I don't want to be. parkrun Cannon Hill seems to be the only place out of the 3 runs I've done that's had the results up on the same day. Kind of makes me want to actually get my time from the finish line guy in person as soon as I finish the race.
03/11/2010 at 19:55
I'm going to email the guy and ask when the results will be available, I'll post again if I get a reply...
03/11/2010 at 20:14
I have emailed the guy this morning asking when the results will be posted,but as of yet ive not had a reply!!!
03/11/2010 at 21:04

Jon,

Very few events get their results up as quickly as parkruns, but bear in mind that we do it week in, week out, and the system we use makes it much easier to get the results up quickly (usually!). Most events will take two or three days in my experience, but sometimes longer, and they often rely on volunteers who have other priorities (like work and family). Also if there are any problems with the data it can take a bit of work to sort it out. You may have noticed that we manually record a few runners' times, based on either a volunteer's watch or those of the individuals, or both, just as a cross check in case anything goes wrong.

So don't be too hard on them, I'm sure they're doing their best!

See you at Cannon Hill Park on Saturday. I'm volunteering again, as I have a mara on Sunday.

03/11/2010 at 22:02
@Road-Kill That's why I didn't want to keep pushing for the official times. This was only my 3rd run and each one has their own timeframe for doing this. I know that it'll be up eventually rather than not at all, which is fine by me really heh.

Oh, I also took your advice on emailing the parkrun people about my unknown time - finally got that sorted. It was a corrupt batch barcode that got printed out but all sorted now so cheers for that tip!
03/11/2010 at 22:13

Just re-read my last posting here (and elsewhere) - a couple of beers and suddenly I'm Henry Kissinger!

Glad you got you're CHp result sorted out.

04/11/2010 at 08:41
The results are up now on http://www.southlondonfives.co.uk/
04/11/2010 at 12:24
Shame that there is no age categorising or even runners race numbers shown!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
61 to 73 of 73 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.