Birmingham and Black Country Half-Marathon

Tunnel Vision

141 to 160 of 195 messages
04/07/2013 at 15:26

Anyone else still waiting for their race pack..?? Getting pretty worried now since others on here seem to have theirs. The post is usually pretty reliable in my area so I don't know what happened. Does anyone know if event usually have spare timing chips on the day? 

04/07/2013 at 16:14

Apologies - in my post above I put Bayer St, Tipton. It's quite near to Tipton but the postal address is actually Bilston. I think it would probably come up under either.

KAKS wrote (see)

OMG ! 85 steps (that must mean circa 85 down as well)

KAKS

No - I don't think there are any steps at the other end at all. 

Using Street view on Google maps it looks as if the roads take you gradually back down to canal level.

Hope I'm right on that.

Mark

Edited: 04/07/2013 at 16:17
04/07/2013 at 16:24

Thanks Mark, me too

04/07/2013 at 16:44

still no race pack,but i know my start time, which is most important i guess at this stage!. first time doing this, and even with the detour, sure its gonna be an enjoyable run!

Only travelling from stourbridge so havent had the complications with late notice some of you guys have had but lets hope the race makes up for it.

Just need to concentrate on trying to avoid hearing the lions result until i get home when i can watch it on Sky +

best of luck to everyone running!

04/07/2013 at 19:00

Race number has arrived, Hurray!

Nasty blister probably isn't so going to clear in time so looks like I'm not running, boo!

04/07/2013 at 21:31

What's the deal with bag transfer? Does any one know? 

I'm assuming there's no cut off time as we're setting out through the morning and that there are regular deliveries of bags to the finish so the first wave don't have to wait ages?

04/07/2013 at 21:50

Can somebody let me know if you get free lift back to Wolverhampton? Whats the deal?

04/07/2013 at 22:06

Stefik, you need to make your own way back. The train station is quite nearby, or park at the finish and train to Wolvs (which is my plan)

04/07/2013 at 23:13

Yep, you have to make your own way back.

I'm running there are getting the train back to Wolverhampton.

05/07/2013 at 08:50

I often see peeps (at about mile 11 when I am spent) who have already finished running back to wolves :0/.  (smugglies lol).

Good Luck everyone

05/07/2013 at 09:42

There is the Metro as well. Will be using it myself to get to Wolves and then back from Birmingham.  £5 approx for day ticket.  In my case works out much cheaper than train tickets.

Feeling bit nervous about how hot it is going to be tomorrow

Good luck everyone

05/07/2013 at 10:31

With the predicted weather and introduction of some steep steps, I think i may have to revise down my expectations of time. Not going to be a PB course for sure.

05/07/2013 at 10:32

I know what you mean Deb. It is going to be hot and very little shade, besides the tunnel.

The path off the canal to follow the diversion isn't going to make it any easier.

Good luck to you too

05/07/2013 at 10:34

BigAds - I wouldn't worry as it's never been known as a good PB course because it can be difficult to pass, the tunnel etc....

I've been told the elite runners add 10 mins on for this course.

Edited: 05/07/2013 at 10:40
05/07/2013 at 13:14

In that case just going to enjoy the event. Bit going to worry about time and just see how it goes. 

Excrited now. Just waiting for work to finish so I can travel down to brum

05/07/2013 at 14:02

Glad that Deb mentioned the Metro as I guess there are some who will not know about it.

It runs between the centre of Wolves and Snow Hill station in Bham.

I think at least every 15mins on a Saturday and journey time is approx 35mins.

I'll be using it for part of my journey.

Mark

05/07/2013 at 16:10

Worst possible preparation for me. Injured my knee badly on a training run four weeks ago and it got infected and I was on antibiotics for a week. Total distance run since then: 2.5miles.

I'm just going to drop my usual pace by a couple of minutes per mile and see how it goes. Fortunately I hadn't entered before the accident so my estimated finish time is fairly accurate and I hopefully won't have the  discouragement of hordes of runners going past me.

05/07/2013 at 16:48

statt0 wrote (see)

the  discouragement of hordes of runners going past me.

standard fare for me

05/07/2013 at 17:22

No need to get discouraged........just more people to say hi to

05/07/2013 at 21:09

Will say HI to all on this thread, been following it for weeks , but first time I have posted , coming up from Milton Keynes with another Marshall Milton Keynes runner , looking forward to this, my start time is 10.45 although I put down my half marathon time of  1.33, but just going to enjoy the day and a beer or two after. regards Geoff. ps have trail shoes but going for road shoes is this ok for course ?

141 to 160 of 195 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.