Birmingham Great Run 2012

Any tips

81 to 100 of 109 messages
22/10/2012 at 15:32

Oh that's annoying I just wrote a huge message and it hasnt posted.

The jist of it was,well done for your PB I

22/10/2012 at 19:48

It was my first ever half and I'm really chuffed with my time of 1:52:24. Already thinking about doing it again next year to see how much I could beat it by if I train properly.

22/10/2012 at 20:46
Fool Runnings wrote (see)

Just posted a review of today's run on my blog. Appreciate any comments you have... http://itsallmyownwork.wordpress.com/2012/10/21/great-run-birmingham-a-review/

KevinR1 wrote (see)

Just posted a review of today's run on my blog. Appreciate any comments you have... http://itsallmyownwork.wordpress.com/2012/10/21/great-run-birmingham-a-review/

A really good and fair review I loved this race itexceeded my expectations the atmosphere is better than the GNR and I thought the crowds were better too

23/10/2012 at 10:31

Brilliant write up, thought it summed up the whole race very well

lmk87 wrote (see)

Oh that's annoying I just wrote a huge message and it hasnt posted.

The jist of it was,well done for your PB I

hee hee thanks lmk87 I got ur message as well internet bah!!!!

Did you see that the named the man who died at the end 36year old bloke, hope it wasnt anyone off here, such a tragedy feel so much for his family 

23/10/2012 at 14:36

It was a great day. Really enjoyed it.

I agree with a previous poster. I can't recall seeing a mile marker at 8 (i think) and 11.

23/10/2012 at 15:23

I can recall briefly mistaking the 10K marker for a 10 mile marker and thinking I was doing awesome lol.

23/10/2012 at 16:21

I took 92 photos all the way round ( the mad person that I am ) and I have a photo of the mile 10 marker ( which was at the end of the road where theshowers were just as we turned onto the Bristol road i think it was just beore we went under the underpass to negociate the first of the 3 hills, if you watch Channel 5 you may see it as you see the elite people go round the corner there

Mile 11 road marker which i have a pic of which was easy to miss but it was next to the water station on the very long hill ( where you had to count the lamposts off if you got bored!! ) on the left hand side not sure i know how to post a pic on here but if i could I would

Mile 8 was down the pershore road

mile 6 was outside a pub ( i remember that as i was cut short there the first year I did it and always look out for it now lol )

mile 5 was in Bourneville ( i'm working backwards now lol )

but all the mile markers were there, I think taking photos I tried to take photos of most of them, but not all of them 

23/10/2012 at 16:38

I was quite happy to miss the 11 mile marker. When I then saw the 12 mile marker there was a sense of relief.

11 mile marker was probably easy to miss, given the head was down trying get up the blasted hill.

23/10/2012 at 17:09

http://failed.gif

not sure if the pic will work as RW doesnt seem to like my pics but just tried to  upload the pic of mile 11

23/10/2012 at 17:43

http://failed.gif

still trying to upload this blessed picture but its not happening!! stupid thing

23/10/2012 at 17:43
James B 73 wrote (see)

I was quite happy to miss the 11 mile marker. When I then saw the 12 mile marker there was a sense of relief.

11 mile marker was probably easy to miss, given the head was down trying get up the blasted hill.

I done the exact opposite to you, I saw mile 11 marker and was getting excited to think I was nearly at the end. It felt like the longest mile I've ever done, until I realised i'd missed mile 12 marker  Was such a relief to see that 800m to go sign after coming up from the underpass onto Broad St

23/10/2012 at 17:45

yeah i took a picture of the 12mile marker and the 800m marker at the 800m marker there was a guy dressed up as a tit lol

23/10/2012 at 18:24
Can anyone point me in the direction of the runnersworld reviews?! Doesn't seem to appear on the front page 'latest race ratings' and no sign of it as an event!

Might be missing something, but could someone put me out of my misery / explain?! Thanks.
23/10/2012 at 18:33

i cant i'm afraid i think someone else said this on an earlier post there is no where to review this race, if there is i'd be wanting to be pointed in the right direction too lol

23/10/2012 at 18:36
Bit mad as the other Great Run races seem to be listed. Always enjoy the post race reviews... nice way to re-live it all again!
23/10/2012 at 18:38

indeed, i wonder if there is a FB site I know there is a page from when i did the Chester marathon and people were reliving their moments lol

23/10/2012 at 19:41

There is a FB page for sure, I have it on my FB - lots of good comments on there though the happy memories shared are rather overshadowed by the loss of our fellow runner I must say, so sad.

I dont remember a lot of the mile markers, and I too got confused at the 10km mark! I saw the tit guy too! 

Kevin the 800 m mark was beautiful, at that point I was running as fast as my legs could carry me. 

Ahh such wonderful memories.

24/10/2012 at 09:14

Just a reminder there are over 350 photo's FREE to download on www.westmidlandsrunningscene.co.uk  with 250 still to be added. Working on them

24/10/2012 at 09:28

Brian they are great pics! Did you get many of the green wave do you know? 

24/10/2012 at 10:48

Thanks for the photos Brian! I've bookmarked the flickr page and spotted myself. My eyes are closed like I'm sleeprunning. I kept passing photographers forgetting to smile and keep my eyes open lol.

81 to 100 of 109 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.