Birmingham Half Marathon

Any one have info on the race yet???

81 to 100 of 134 messages
05/06/2008 at 09:55
Fantastic news Sarah and thanks for keeping us all going! Spread the word everyone, if it's a 5 year deal you know what that leads up to, this will become the best race in the country up to 2012. I had a feeling that it would be big, especially with the city's efforts at securing the American team! Go, go Brum, where's me trainers I'm off out now!!
05/06/2008 at 09:57
i will look forward to hopefully doing it next year.........when hopefully it wont clash with the Birmingham cross country League and about 500 potential entrants. Maybe something to bear in mind? Sarah, will you be looking for volunteers to help out on water stations etc. I would be more than happy to help out.
The Evil Pixie    pirate
05/06/2008 at 10:42

have checked diary and I have 21 wks training!!

Looking forward to this, I have done the last 2 women's challenges in Brum and they have proved great so looking forward to this

add a 5yr deal means we can all come back to better our times!!

05/06/2008 at 13:45

It's about time!   I will log in next Wednesday to the website with great anticipation.....hope we are not let down by the authorities.

Only issue for some of us who have not done a half marathon will be that its only 21 weeks training.

It seems a shame that a lot of runners are now doing other things because Birmingham have been so slow on this really signficant event for the City. 

06/06/2008 at 06:45

Sarah - thanks.

I will awake nice and early, fingers on buttons ready!!!!!

I think if it weren't for the fact that we'd had regular updates from you Sarah, a lot of people would have gone elsewhere a long time ago - so thank you for your input.  5 year deal eh?  That's exciting.

I so hope that this is the success I dream of - Birmingham deserves richly to be firmly be put on the running map.  We don't realise sometimes what a great city we live in, or how lucky we are - and this could help raise the profile (esp in 2009 but this year also).

Can't wait!

06/06/2008 at 09:19
Divine - couldn't agree more. Our great city deserves to be up there with the best known races, I'm hoping our race will quickly rival the Great North Run, wouldn't it be great if we could get thousands. A five year deal in the run up to the Olympics means it will get bigger and bigger, but lets all make sure we kick off with a bang. In the classic 'pyramid' sales style, if all of the running fraternity in Birmingham and the Midlands could get 10 pals or colleagues to take part and they then encourage their friends and colleagues, we'll soon have a sell out- I wonder what the capacity is going to be? I've got all the team in my office up for it. Can't wait for Wednesday!
06/06/2008 at 09:26
Anyone know how to change the forum topic description from 'Anyone have info on the race yet??' - to something like '26th October - entries open 11 June' - might attract help runners from around the UK, current title looks a bit negative, so the boys tell me? Bham Snail can you do this? Sarah?
06/06/2008 at 17:16
So have we decided on a route yet?
The Evil Pixie    pirate
06/06/2008 at 17:18

all to be released next week Mike

Can't wait!

06/06/2008 at 18:27
Chio, how do I change it?
07/06/2008 at 07:08
I dreamt the route last night....
07/06/2008 at 07:09
T'was GOOD! But only a dream!
07/06/2008 at 11:05

why change it - just start a new one

am really disappointed with the confirmation coming out so late - for first timers they may feel it is a bit late to start training and for regular racers they may have sorted other things

not me though - i have  sad life and have been sitting waiting

having been told in april by the organisers that it was 2 weeks away

07/06/2008 at 11:08

but it is the day after beachy head - which i entered 6 months ago

07/06/2008 at 14:03
Thanks Lex - just started a new thread with just the date under the main header. Hope you're OK with this bham snail, you're still the leader!
07/06/2008 at 15:51

can you put a link  up on here Chio?

07/06/2008 at 15:55
10/06/2008 at 17:34

Hi All

Just to let you know that the official website www.birminghamhalfmarathon.com will go live at 11am tomorrow. This is to fit in with the timing of the official media launch for the event.

Cheers

Sarah

10/06/2008 at 19:56
Thank you Sarah
10/06/2008 at 20:07
Thanks Sarah, amazing, the race is comingggggggg. Tomorrow Birmingham is launching a massive Half Marathon! www.birminghamhalfmarathon.com
81 to 100 of 134 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.