Blackmore Vale Half-Marathon

Don't be put off by the finish - at least its at the end!!!

81 to 90 of 90 messages
06/02/2006 at 20:06
For those having trouble finding the results, it's best to go straight there via this link:

http://www.bvlions.co.uk/index.html
06/02/2006 at 22:00
Cheers Gf ,will go and have a peak.
06/02/2006 at 23:06
Report on horse and rider

Both are fine if a little shaken. Young lady was warned by marshals that runners were coming. To compound the situation the horse got its bit under its tongue. The young lady was taken home by the marshall and was eventually re-united with her mount and rode it home.
06/02/2006 at 23:11
Catys Dad, thank you for the report on this young lady. Apart from the fact that I finished the race, she was the topic of our post-race analysis. Pleased she's ok!

Thank you for confirming the course distance is bang on accurate. not. I was rather hoping i'd run more than I was supposed to in a quicker time!

Fab day, roll on next year.
07/02/2006 at 11:37
Hiya Everyone

This was my first half marathon ever and I really enjoyed it. I did it in 1hr 53min which im dead pleased with although that hill at the end was a killer.

I will definately be back next year to crack my time. But I found this a really good run and everyone was friendly which was nice becuase I didn't have anyone to talk to as I came on my own, so thank you to those people whole chatted to me on my way round.

Roll on my next half marathon. Im doing the Roding Valley on 26th Feb. Can't wait.

07/02/2006 at 13:16
Who knows about the results! I gave my club and age (30) online but you can't see any of that by my name in 7th??!! must be an issue with online entries or the fact they didn't want to list a non local (Bracknell Forest runners) in the nice list of West Country bumpkins!!!!!!!
07/02/2006 at 13:20
You can now Neal.

And thanks for helping drag Tag around - he's a very good track runner who doesn't yet like longer distances and hills!! Was only his 2nd half marathon belss him!
07/02/2006 at 13:23
Arr. me am puzzled therr. You bin got yer name therr alright. Sez you cums from Brracnell and you be undrr 40.
07/02/2006 at 17:17
Have another look at the web site Jeffsy
www.bvlions.co.uk you will see it has been updated. You guys expect instant results and then moan because there are one or two errors. If you notice something wrong email the race secretary and he will put it right
08/02/2006 at 10:17
I will pipe up for the race secretary. My results are spot on with all my info. Only problem is I would have prefered to have been a little further up the list. 396th position was a little poorer than i'd hoped...

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
81 to 90 of 90 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.