blackpool marathon

21 to 40 of 93 messages
29/07/2010 at 21:33

Ash 1

Cannot show washouts on profiles, Soup is a coward and a disgrase to his club PHarriers

29/07/2010 at 22:44
so he runs for Preston harriers If he does not run Flyde coast races he has no room to talk about it trying to put runners of I have seen for myself the races like the GNW half gets loads of runners who come for the sea air and to race it is the taking part that counts shame about that lad that died in the sea there

I am tryig to do as many races as I can like the week before the marathon I am doing Leek half which I love doing with the hills etc
30/07/2010 at 18:44
glad the race is doing St Annes start this time as I loved running the 2004/5 races there in the 2005 we ran round Fairhaven lake in that heat and I wanted to jump in
30/07/2010 at 21:41

Ash

Didn't sat soup runs for Preston Harriers,  he may well do but P (soup) Harriers is more like it

30/07/2010 at 21:52
like that one Rocketron or may be he does not run at all training going well after doing Fleetwood driving back over to Huddersfield to see my cousan his wife and baby daughter who are visiting from Oxford they are going to live in Brisbane next year and said I could go on holiday there and hopefully will go
31/07/2010 at 08:09

Rocketron whats the event that is replacing the Blackpool marathon next year?

Really enjoyed my time in blackpool this year. Great race.

31/07/2010 at 08:21

Frank

Being replaced by Fylde Coast Marathon from St Annes to Fleetwood (+ loop in St Annes)  good flat point to point course along the freeways and Lancashire Coastal Way. Bus transfers to and from start/finish. This event run in aid of the Rosemere Cancer Foundation the 8th largest cancer centre in the uk based at the royal Preston hospital and organised by Steve Ashcroft, shoestringresults.com 

Ron

31/07/2010 at 10:31
it is good to run in aid of this Chartry
02/08/2010 at 22:38
RocketRon wrote (see)

Frank

Being replaced by Fylde Coast Marathon from St Annes to Fleetwood (+ loop in St Annes)  good flat point to point course along the freeways and Lancashire Coastal Way. Bus transfers to and from start/finish. This event run in aid of the Rosemere Cancer Foundation the 8th largest cancer centre in the uk based at the royal Preston hospital and organised by Steve Ashcroft, shoestringresults.com 

Ron

... organised by Steve Ashcroft, shoestringresults.com... 

That’s strange, the entry form asks for cheques to be made out to SRH Running Promotions. Isn’t that your illustrious organisation Ron?

03/08/2010 at 00:02

Hi Soup

Nice to hear from you again!

Thank you for bringing to my attention about the cheque's made payable to!

Have asked for that form to be taken off web site's until I have spoken to Ron & Rosemere

I expect the form to altered to the correct account.

Many Thanks

03/08/2010 at 02:20
RocketRon wrote (see)

Frank

Ron

Forgive me i dont know the area to well. Is St annes near the main styreet in blackpool?
03/08/2010 at 14:12

Hi again RocketRon,

I haven't heard anything back from that email address you gave me. I don't suppose you have the name and phone number of the person I need to speak to about getting a refund by any chance please? It really would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

LM

03/08/2010 at 19:51

LM.92

Race Office (2010) not received an email from you, try again  worldbest5.31@hotmail.com. Send full name and current address.

Race Office

06/08/2010 at 08:14

RocketRon,

Thanks for replying to me twice about  this. Unfortunately, again I haven't heard anything back from this email address, I copied and pasted it directly from your post above, so I don''t know how I might have got it wrong. Is there another email address or phone number I could try pleaase?

Thanks.

Edited: 06/08/2010 at 08:25
06/08/2010 at 15:46

More poor organisation by the look of it, e-mails addresses that don't respond.

I made several posts on the previous Blackpool marathon thread, that thread like all the others to do with srh races got removed, as the organiser can't take any form of criticism so demands all threads be removed if anyone says anything negative about their race experience.

So here are some of the points i raised that got removed.

I did some of these srh races a couple of years ago and wasn't impressed with many aspects of the organisation, as highlighted fairly and intelligently by Barnsley Runner and others.

However I gave them another go for this years marathon but was still disappointed.

My main issues -

Massive queues for no where near enough toilets, even at 8am. People still queueing at 9am when it started as they just couldn't get to a loo before this.

No PA system or proper announcer or music. Couldn't hear a thing the announcer was saying.

No atmosphere and no support from locals/spectators.

Not enough marshals. A couple of places it wasn't obvious where to go as there were little paths leading off. I understand some had been cordened off, but the chord removed.So these places needed a marshal, as people will always mess with stuff like that in a place like Blackpool.

Poor quality medal and t-shirt. Fine for a cheap 10k, but not an expensive marathon. £22 not cheap for what you get. No goody bag either. Just a tiny bottle of water at the end.Just not good enough from a professional money making business. (Sorry Mcandrew, don't swallow the line you pay over five grand of your own money to put on these races.) I know races cost a lot to put on, but you make a tidy profit and you know it.

Edited: 06/08/2010 at 15:48
06/08/2010 at 19:55

Go away Anne you sad sorry person, why keep knocking events you have never done and spoil it for the thousands that  enjoy them. Still,  retired now bought my new Fararri from the thousands made on events??? Life goes on with a new manager of Fylde Coast events I am only glad that I can till help in small ways no more so than raise funds for great causes, not moaning old soles like you. Long live the sport of running and the good guys, down with the knockers, your going nowwhere, end of debate

Rocket 5.31.  World Best

06/08/2010 at 20:15
Forgive me for hassling you rocketron, but I would really appreciate it if you could give me some contact details of the race team. All I want is a refund, which I think is fair given the circumstances.

Thanks.
06/08/2010 at 21:40

LM.92 your not in any way hassling me all I want to do is arrange with the powers that be a refund for you  but LM.92 not good for me, let me have your full details by phone and I will endeavour to sort this for you by return

RR

06/08/2010 at 22:05
by phone...? is there a number i can contact you on please? my name is lily monk... do you need any other details?
06/08/2010 at 22:22

Lily,

Email me your details and I will look into it and get your refund off to you.    worldbest5.31@hotmail.com

RR

21 to 40 of 93 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.