Bolton Hill Marathon Day 2

Who's in for 2014?

41 to 50 of 50 messages
20/02/2014 at 14:55
Mother nature has given the course some obstacles to overcome in the way of fallen trees, however all look passable or good enough to jump over, one tree is slippy to get round on the ground but should be ok (on the way back to white coppice) will check it out again week before and might possibly divert the route at this point approx 15.5mile mark. Photos on my fb page
27/02/2014 at 19:05

Hillrunner ...I ran up  Rivington Hill ..re your statement early ...well right to the last tip part..LOL

28/02/2014 at 22:36

You're a better person than me if you can run all the way through that farm without exploding Wona!!!

i think it's park run and Trotters 5 for me this weekend to keep milage down in preparation For next week. Otherwise I'll get bored and do something silly...

28/02/2014 at 22:49
Doing the race support for trotters 5 in the way of race arche, see you there
06/03/2014 at 11:43

Good weather forecast for Saturday but I suspect it's still going to be wet up there. Fell shoes or trails shoes is still the burning question for me as I know there is a lot of hard paths and roads but also some pretty boggy sections of moorland.

If anyone has got a recent update on conditions it would be helpful and much appreciated.

06/03/2014 at 14:17

Yep, it's wet. Monday on the section from rivington lane to finish terrible mud in the wooded section just before climb up through the farm, also bad going down track south from collier's row. Presume bit north of Belmont road and some of the white coppice loop still wet too. It's raining now. More rain tomorrow but Saturday does look better. The forecast says 0% chance of rain on Saturday. But I bet they're not from round here.

06/03/2014 at 15:04

Dan, what are the mile points for those wet 'hazards'.

06/03/2014 at 18:38

havent got ref to the map right now but about 20 mile for world of mud, bit south of colliers row about 25 mile, the boggy section north of Belmont road perhaps 8 mile ish

06/03/2014 at 19:06

Thanks Dan.

18/03/2014 at 13:16

Thanks to all, much easier than last year. Big thanks to the first aid folk who helped with my left foot, sounds like a good name for a film. Without them I would have failed. An enjoyable run and it was a run (no walking) in my non-trail shoes, wish I had them what a difference they would make.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 50 of 50 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.