Bolton Hill Marathon

201 to 220 of 248 messages
08/03/2013 at 10:23

Very excited now.

My favourite part of the whole race starts today, CARBO LOADING!!

Pudge    pirate
08/03/2013 at 10:37

Ha!  My favourite part too - although I started last night with pasta and parkin.

I do oten wonder if beer counts?  It was once known as 'liquid bread' after all.

08/03/2013 at 20:40

OK folks, thermals packed..it is going to be a cold and windy one.. Setting off for Bolton mid-day tomorrow before snow hits Derbyshire. Out of interest, if all goes well..what sort of time would you be guestimating to add to a 3:40 road marathon time on this course. This is for all you very helpful local folks

Carb loading as I speak with bottle of Fosters and a pizza

08/03/2013 at 21:04

I'm cooking spag bol

08/03/2013 at 21:26

It was very cold and windy marking the course out today but all done. Last post before the race as from tomorrow i will be in the park until Sunday. Good Luck for Sunday and look forward to seeing you all around the course

08/03/2013 at 22:33

FuzzyVixx..I'm now on Rice pudding and ..water

See you all on Sunday xx

09/03/2013 at 08:11

Oooh there's a tough question BR, I seem to do "hilly" road marathons in about 3.30 (Windermere / Langdale) and I've done 3.09 at Preston.

But my Yorkshireman time seems to always be just over 4 hours, so make of that what you will!

I would suggest if you get somewhere near to 4.15 you'd be doing well. But forget all that, don't look at your watch, run round and enjoy it, then see at the end how you've done. I find if I do that I tend to run better.

One of our barmy lot is doing the 33mile Hawoth Hobble today then doing this tomorrow....he'd better not beat me!

Lasagne for me for tea, have a good rest day, see you all tomorrow.

09/03/2013 at 12:54

Cheers Alfa Scud, not after a time target here !! just an idea of what time I might get home Right, setting off for Preston now. See you all there and good luck to everyone.

09/03/2013 at 12:54

Ooops, I mean Bolton!!

09/03/2013 at 15:13

Brer - don't get lost!

09/03/2013 at 15:23

Weather forecast not looking too bad for tomorrow!

09/03/2013 at 15:52
Gutted!! I am full of a nasty cold I can't shake off so looking like I might be resting in bed with a hot drink and not taking part. Good luck to everyone, I hope you all have an amazing day. I don't want all the training to go to waste so I will be entering another marathon very soon, maybe Blackpool in early April, although that one doesn't look anywhere near as good as this one should be!
09/03/2013 at 16:36

Sorry to hear that Alastair Hope you feel better soon!

09/03/2013 at 17:34

hi all norfolk boy here yep its gonna be a cold one but we should all be used to the naff weather by now so lets just enjoy it and have a giggle . trail shoes have given me heel problems so ill be using my trusty asics so no laughing when i fall on my arse , allister ive  done blackpool and at the  stations they handed out fizzy lucozade its just wrong if u ask me . 

09/03/2013 at 18:51

have you been to see the mast from the bottom of the hill Norfolk boy? guessing you don't see much of that in Norfolk? don't forget to look down when at the top, awesome scenery you don't want to miss.

09/03/2013 at 19:06
Have arrived in Bolton, not Preston!!! In digs now and discovered they are having a cabaret night!! No early night for me then!!
09/03/2013 at 21:05

ive gotta get up the hill first ha ha ive had plenty of  advice from the norfolk mountain rescue  team on how to run up hills yeah  right boy!!!

10/03/2013 at 18:51

Thanks phil great race and medal. not impressed with your weather organising skills though :P I would also like to thank you for giving me the opportunity to wonder why i do this running lark and punish myself so much. obviously i'll be ok in a couple of days when I find my rose tinted specs!

10/03/2013 at 18:57

wow that was tough course,  but the freezing cold wind blasting in your face didn't help. Congratulations to all that got round and to the people who braved standing out in the freezing weather for hours on end to cheers us on.

10/03/2013 at 19:05

Arrived home and defrosted!! Phil-fantastic route and race. Thank you for all you hard work in such a challenging terrain. Please pass on a huge thanks to the marshalls who must have suffered like hell out there today. No-one complained and they were cheerful and supportive at all times..at times I was just glad I was running it and not just standing about for hours.

Again, thanks very much. (I may be cursing you tomorrow though when I have to get up 4 flights of stairs at work)

201 to 220 of 248 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.