Race Memento

21 to 40 of 82 messages
12/11/2012 at 14:22

12/11/2012 at 14:22

Well that worked out well 

12/11/2012 at 14:24

Bracknell next year is the week after London 

14/11/2012 at 08:19

You're doing London again aren't you LWJ?

15/11/2012 at 09:07

Chris

You are a gentleman - thank you for the parcel recevie yesterday.

Regards,

Andy

15/11/2012 at 16:14

Yes i have a place Andy.

20/12/2012 at 07:52

The Bracknell Half Marathon Office will close for the Christmas Holiday at lunchtime on Friday 21st December and will reopen on Thursday 2nd January.The Online Registration service will remain open throughout the Christmas Holiday. To enter the race please visit www.bracknell-forest.gov.uk/leisureandculture . Entries made during the office closure will be processed as soon as the office reopens.General Enquiries to half.marathon@bracknell-forest.gov.uk will not be processed until January 2nd. However Runners with any urgent questions should post on the Runners World message board as the Organisers will check this regularly.

The Organisers look forward to receiving your entry, but in the meantime would like to wish all Runners a very happy Christmas and prosperous New Year.

23/01/2013 at 08:10

Thank you to those that contributed to the race memento discussion. We have decided to have a change and will be putting a reasonably sized hand towel in every goody bag. There will not therefore be race T shirts this year. We have received a sample of the towel and I think runners will be pleased. Entries are coming in at a steady rate with just about half already allocated. We will sell out so if you or any of your friends are thinking of entering don't leave it for too long.

23/01/2013 at 08:41

Thanks for the update Chris - looking forward to the evnt, my entry is in

24/01/2013 at 20:22

I hope I've remembered to enter - better check! (age - memory is going) - yep, found the email confirmation. Looking forward to a nice towel - I've a wardrobe full of technical tees from races.

01/02/2013 at 11:56

If the weather is the same as last year, we will def need that towel!!

18/03/2013 at 14:58

Ran Reading yesterday and decided I fancied another one...so have signed up to this one!  Tomorrow I may be questioning my sanity

18/03/2013 at 15:16

Last year's Bracknell half was run in similar conditions to Reading yesterday AT, so your run yesterday will have been "Character building" as Muttley says.

18/03/2013 at 15:33

I attended Reading yesterday as my daughter ran her first half marathon so I can concur that the weather was similar to Bracknell last year. Whilst we were not exactly caught on the hop last year, the weather made our lives as organisers a bit more difficult than normal. However we showed our versatility and the race went ahead as planned. We certainly don't have the same infrastructure or back up as Reading, nor do we have a magnificent stadium to finish in. However we do put on a race with a big heart, which is run by a great team of professionals with support from a terrific set of volunteers. Places are selling quickly so don't delay. Looking forward to seeing old friends and new faces on 28th april

18/03/2013 at 23:46

I did Marlow Duathlon yesterday and the weather was ok for running (well, sort of...) but it was bloody miserable on the bike! Unfortunately it's not always going to be 12ºC with light cloud cover and a gentle westerly breeze.

The worst I've encountered was at Brockenhurst last March, when the temperature dropped from 9º to 2º between leaving home and starting the race. In a vest. And then the rain came down. And then the wind got up. St Johns were very busy at the end of that one.

It's always worse for runners with less racing experience, because until you've done a few in a variety of conditions you just don't have a clue how hot or cold you're going to get.

19/03/2013 at 14:26

One thing I'll make sure of this year - that I don't forget to collect my race memento - D'oh!

19/03/2013 at 14:35

Hi Andy,

You'll be alright if it rains - we are giving everyone a towel this year!!

19/03/2013 at 14:58

I'm not doing London now so fancy this but can't see how to enter.  

19/03/2013 at 15:05

www.bracknell-forest.gov/bracknellhalfmarathon and follow "How to Enter"  

19/03/2013 at 15:10

Panic over, managed to find it and have entered.

21 to 40 of 82 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.