Brass Monkey 1/2M - York Knavesmire Harriers

need to get in early

1 to 20 of 442 messages
06/05/2007 at 16:56
i wanted to run this last year but was full in a few days - any ideas how to get a place?
06/05/2007 at 18:16
Yes. Enter as soon as the forms go on the website - it filled up in 3 days, but that still means you had 3 days to get your entry in - they give plenty of notice as to when the forms are going on the site - just diarise it and enter.
06/05/2007 at 18:22
There will be less competition for places this year. eL Bee! and I will just be getting back from skiing the day before.

Fantastic race, though :o)
06/05/2007 at 18:33
hey raptor, you get everywhere!

I did my first race since FLM today - the Fountains 10K - nice and windy and hilly.....
06/05/2007 at 21:08

Hmmm - the day before..??

Sounds like a taper to me, V'rap ;o)
07/05/2007 at 08:59
>Checks flight times<

Erm ... right ... OK ... except it won't be brass monkeys for us compared to where we'll just have been :o) I need to do this race again sometime, though, because I'd like to see the course after forgetting to bring any spare contact-lenses this year.

OMAHD, did you really think I was faithful to the 3.45-ers thread? Alas, I am a tart ;o) I trust your 10k went well!

07/05/2007 at 10:43
yes, I enjoyed it at 48 mins. wasn't sure if I was going to do it until 2 hours before the race - it was race 1 in the black sheep series which I'll now try and do see here
http://www.blacksheepraceseries.co.uk/1.html

Next is an 'undulating' 10 miler at Ripon next Sunday.

Off now to take Ruby to Knaresborough Pet Show to see if she is as good pedigree as the breeder that we bought her off, said when we bought her!
27/06/2007 at 12:05
Sounds like a good one. How will we know when applications are available?
28/06/2007 at 08:49
They usually put a date on the website saying when they will be available. Best bet though is John Schofield's site as he puts them up at midnight of the day in question. Print it off, fill it in and hope.

Or if you send a SAE to the organisers they will send you one back as they are available.

At least this is the way it seems to have worked the last couple of years.
28/06/2007 at 08:50
02/07/2007 at 13:26
Hi Guys

Just look at the website. Looks a very good race to do this. So I may give this a go. I have noticed the race limit as been raised to 2000, which is probably a good thing. Gives everybody a chance to do it.
02/07/2007 at 13:30
Hi Michael.

Still bl@@dy hard to get in though. I was lucky last year as the club was sent forms a few days before the entries opened. This is something they do apparently, perhaps as a way of rewarding loyalty to the race in some way?? Even then we had to be quick!
Otherwise Online I suppose!

I agree with SW-I use John Schofield frequently. Unfortunately the site is down until the foreseeable future apparently due to illness. Hope he is ok.
18/07/2007 at 20:06
Hello! Like the sound of this half-marathon very much. Can you remember what time of year applications were accepted before the race last year?
18/07/2007 at 20:35
Sometime in September Pauline. Last year - if I remember rightly, the entry form was officially released on the Knavesmire Harriers website on a Saturday; the race was full by the following Wednesday morning.
18/07/2007 at 21:42
Ta. Blimey! Popular race. Think I saw on the details that it is its 25th anniversary as well, so will probably be even more popular. Why is it so popular?!
20/07/2007 at 11:28
good news about the extra places.

May need to re think the start though with that many in the field.

Pauline
not many HM races about at that time of year oop North, helps motivate through the dark winter months and it is a PB course given right weather conditions with excellent facilities for start and finish

Can't believe El Bee is not doing it - he must have heard how well my training is going:-)))))
20/07/2007 at 11:34
BTW

John Schofield had a heart attack and is recovering in hospital.

there was a thread for posting good wishes to him a little while ago - an excellent bloke devoted to the cause of running.
20/07/2007 at 12:32
Thank you for the explanation about the race's popularity. Cheers!
Hope John Schofield better soon.
26/07/2007 at 15:48
here we go again. The mad rush to get the forms in :-)
26/07/2007 at 16:02
If I get in Ill be pleased. If not Ill have a Sunday morning lie-in:-)

Few halfs in Feb Ive been eyeing up.

Got a while to wait for the forms yet anyway havent we? September?
1 to 20 of 442 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.