Brathay Windermere Marathon

17 May 2009 . (Round 2)

2,301 to 2,309 of 2,309 messages
09/06/2009 at 15:39

Message from the Race Director:

Thank you all for your comments and suggestions following this year's Brathay Windermere Marathon. The comments highlighting the problems we encountered with car parking, access and egress from the site have been particularly useful. As a result we have reviewed our approach to car parking and have worked with Brathay's landowner to make improvements for 2010. The result is that we've developed a solution that uses a field adjacent to the Brathay Estate as the main event car park. This will greatly improve access and remove the conjestion created by cars leaving the event sharing the same section of road with runners completing the Marathon. We are confident that this alternative arrangement will resolve many of the problems encountered this year.

Thank you for your support of Brathay Hall Trust. The funds raised by this event go to improve the lives of some of the UK's most disadvantaged children and youn people.

Best Wishes, Scott

09/06/2009 at 16:49
That's great news Scott! The parking situation (And particularly trying to get out of the place) was really my only gripe on a very well organised event (Apart from pulling my calf muscle at 16 miles on another one of those darn hills!)

09/06/2009 at 17:26

Good news Scott - thanks for listening and for letting us know.  I suspect part of the issue this year was that loads of people felt the need to leave at the same time (just as the rain statrted) but that will be a risk every year up here.

You do realise, of course, that you will get complaints next year from people who think the car park is too far away from the main finish area.  You'll never please everybody 

04/12/2009 at 20:32

I'm in - my first marathon - so much training to do now!!

Just how hilly is this course then?!

04/12/2009 at 21:24

Bad news BMJ...............................you aint in, cos this event was over six months ago.

The good news is there's a thriving thread for the 2010 event, but I can't do links so you'll need to find it yourself. 

Oh, and two other things, well done and good luck for your first marathon - you've picked a cracker, and finally - I know that no-one likes a smart ass, so feel free to ignore me .

04/12/2009 at 21:26

I feel suitably ashamed

04/12/2009 at 21:27
04/12/2009 at 21:29
If you don't tell anyone what you've done, I won't either
24/01/2010 at 14:44

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
2,301 to 2,309 of 2,309 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.