Brathay Windermere Marathon

Hooray!

1 to 20 of 1,520 messages
20/06/2006 at 22:26
It's back at last!

my first ever marathon back in 1985 - will have to get back into the running to do it again...
20/06/2006 at 22:34
how solid is this?
20/06/2006 at 22:37
Solid! as in is it defo on?

I don't know just spotted it in the listings and its a must do if it is on so fingers crossed...
23/06/2006 at 09:05
The Brathay Windermere Marathon is being organised as a fund raising opportunity for Brathay Hall Trust. Brathay is a registered charity that delivers personal development programmes with children and young people from across the UK. We work in partnership with various national and regional youth agencies in helping children and young people overcome difficulties arising from their personal and social circumstances, and give them the skills to make positive choices about their behaviour and attitude. Our charitable work with young people is subsidised by corporate training delivered to a large number of organisations worldwide from a range of industry sectors. We currently work with over 5000 children and young people, and over 4000 adults each year.
In addition to fund raising the marathon is being held as part of our 60th anniversary celebrations and also to raise local awareness of Brathay and the charitable work we do.
There was previously a Windermere Marathon held between 1981 and 1986 organised by Windermere Rotary Club and Kendal Athletics Club with support from other local groups. The event took place towards the end of October, was always well attended and at its peak attracted 1800 runners.
We are now affiliated to North of England Athletics, will soon have the course measured, and have applied for a race permit (the permit number will be 7393).
An entry form can be downloaded from www.brathay.org.uk (bottom of home page). Over the next month or so more details will appear on our website.

This will be a unique opportunity to compete in one of the UK's most distinctive marathon events in a fantastic setting.
23/06/2006 at 09:13
ooooooooooooooh

sounds quite good doesnt it
28/06/2006 at 07:11
lurk
28/06/2006 at 17:58
If I'm ever going to do a marathon, this sounds like "the one". I'm aiming to do a half-mara in Sept/Oct, and if my training goes well I MIGHT consider entering... although I guess this might fill up pretty quickly... oooh, I just don't know WHAT to do... :o/
28/06/2006 at 19:53
nice one Scott it sounds like a goer so will get an entry in as soon as (fingers crossed my legs cope with the training) still - hoping to do Snowdon this year so that should be good practice lol (just missed four hours in that one back in 1985 again)
04/07/2006 at 08:28
DTS/PH- 2 of my favourite forumites on the 1 thread!

Daz- Let's get our sprint finishes perfected for this one. I'd rather do this than the GMR any day!
04/07/2006 at 08:29
Of course i will be wanting to know about a cut off;0
04/07/2006 at 10:40
morticia - fancy seeing you here! <thinks...> you're not stalking me are you? :o Blimey, if I'm one of your favourite forumites, I wouldn't like to get on your wrong side!!

Anyway, this marathon lark - I REALLY don't think I'm cut out for such a long distance, but this one sounds so TEMPTING... <dither...>
04/07/2006 at 12:29
Daz- You aren't cut out for sprint finishes so you would be better off doing marathons and running a long way slowly. Trust me. Hippo will agree.

You can do the White Peak marathon on Saturday May 19th and this on the Sunday like me. No more dithering. Sorted.

Looking forward to 'seeing' you Thursday!
04/07/2006 at 12:37
2 maras in 2 days?
are you MAD woman?
04/07/2006 at 12:41
Oh God, well if YOU think I'm mad I'd better have a rethink! What about these people that do Beachy/Snowdonia/Dublin?!I'd join them if I wasn't on holiday then!

I'll be injured soon anyway the rate I'm going and that'll put an end to the madness.
06/07/2006 at 16:10
Morticia/Daz--detective GBM has found you.

Daz--Be careful! Morticia does stalk people.

Morticia--What are the toilets like at this race?
06/07/2006 at 16:15
>Lurk<
06/07/2006 at 16:28
Morticia
those people are nothing short of deranged
love hippo
06/07/2006 at 16:34
GBM - oi, clear off! The last thing we need on this shiny new thread is you lowering the tone.

Everyone Else - I have never seen GingerBreadMan before IN MY LIFE.
06/07/2006 at 22:49
GBM- As you have now infiltrated this thread, this means that you have to do this marathon. It also means that in the event of Daz not joining me in a 'District Double', you will take his place. Thank you for your attention x
06/07/2006 at 22:50
Morticia

why his interst in loos?
1 to 20 of 1,520 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.