Brentwood Half-Marathon

21 to 31 of 31 messages
22/02/2009 at 19:24
Yeah same here, I'm in as well..
22/02/2009 at 19:43
Hi, how did you do it- on the reserve or did someone give you their place?

Well done, see you there.

Will have a practice run at Roding Valley first as really didn't think I would get in.

Dawn
22/02/2009 at 19:58
I emailed the organiser complaining why the entry number were down on last year, said he would put me on the reserve list and they got in touch this week - pretty much same as you i think- a mate of mine has also got in this way as well, maybe they are cutting the numbers for the fun run...
09/03/2009 at 09:37

sadly i do know of a couple of people who can't run. ( injury, lack of training etc) who have places and havent notified the organisers.. shame, cos thats a waste.. and any idea  why the race limit is down so much this year ???

09/03/2009 at 10:20
Things went sadly wrong last year, people were still trying to register at the time the race was about to start so had to be put back for quite a while. This is why there are no entries on the day. They never expected to get the numbers they did so quickly. Also there is a limit to the number of people they can hold at the venue- obviously if it rains they will all want to come inside and so there is a healthy limit.

Please ask the people who cannot participate to contact the organisers or use this page to advertise their number, someone could buy it off them and contact the organiser to change the details of the runner. It is the Brentwood Council that are organising it and their number is on the entry details.

Good luck on Sunday.

Dawn
09/03/2009 at 10:27

yeh .. i am pleading with them to 'fess up' re their non running..  i know a few people who left it too late this year  so hope they do the right thing and hand them in..

good luck

15/03/2009 at 14:16
Results published on http://www.jandresults.co.uk at 30 mins after the last runner finished
26/03/2009 at 16:37
good race, i thought the support was excellent, helped me to a PB! that last mile uphill was tough though.
21/03/2010 at 14:51

The last hill was more than tough it was offensive!  I really thought my legs were going to go and about the only thing that kept me going was knowing that I was in the top 50 and that people in the top 50 don't stop near the end of races (or at least I assume they don't - it's not a position I'm accustomed to!).

I've now taken nearly 5 minutes off my PB in the last 2 half-marathons.  I thought your body was meant to start to deteriorate after 35 (I'm 38).

The marching band at the start was excellent.  Would have been funny to see them try doing the race with us.

Edited: 21/03/2010 at 14:51
UFO
21/03/2010 at 15:18
1850 finishers. How many DNS I wonder. What was the limit. ?
UFO
21/03/2010 at 20:56

Well done everyone - thats was a good course and the support and marshalling were excellent - plenty of water and jelly babies! So thanks to all the organisers.  I also thought it was cool that as we ran through Blackmore there was a little basket on the village green with some Lucozade drinks in with a sigh saying "Help Yourself Courtesy of Something-or-other Cottage".

I was on the reserve list so count myself lucky that I got a place.  My first half and pleased with the result.  I had been aiming for 1:45, and came in at 1:45:35.

Only one blister, and a pair of aching legs!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 31 of 31 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.