7. Womble78
15/10/2010 at 11:42
17/10/2010 at 22:59
ping
19/10/2010 at 00:17
Heres hoping there'll be a last rush soon
22/10/2010 at 22:16

PairedFurry Feet is now matched)
Shin Twigs what the FERC is going on - there'll be bluebirds over...

Next to be offered - please offer in order

1. Zoyen
2. Alan Barnett
3. Banana Split
4. PinkSparkie
5. jaffa
6. Jacqui Eastwood
7. Womble78
8. Flowery Fay

22/10/2010 at 23:17

I received this email a couple of days ago. Might interest someone.

I am writing to ask for you and members of your club to consider running the Brighton Marathon (April 10th 2011) for the charity Keep A Child Alive (www.keepachildalive.org.uk).  We are a small charity co-founded by Alicia Keys, who provide medication and care to children and families with HIV/AIDS in Africa and India and so far have helped 250,000+ people.  There are only a few of us running next year and we would be so happy for you and members of your club to run along with us.  

The Brighton Marathon organisers charge £45 for entry and to run for Keep A Child Alive would cost no more than this.  We do ask runners to do their best to raise sponsorship money for the charity and set a target of £600.

If you and members of your club would like to run with us then you will also benefit from:

• Covered “Charity Runner Hospitality” at the Start Area (accompanied access @ £2 per person): to include food & drink, extra toilets, and dedicated baggage drop-off.
  • Covered “Charity Runner Hospitality” at the Finish Area (accompanied access free if fee paid at Start, otherwise same fee of £2 per head applies): to include food & drink, extra toilets, and dedicated baggage pick-up.
  • “Red” Charity Runner wristband to ensure entry to exclusive charity areas.
  • Colour coded “Red” Charity Bib Number for race.
  • Finisher Certificate.
  • Finisher Medal.
  • Finisher T-shirt.
  • Finisher Goody Bag.
  • An after event for Keep a Child Alive runners.

I have attached our poster and I would be so grateful if you would kindly distribute this to members of your club via a noticeboard, email or by posting it on your website.

Thank you so very much for your time and I look forward to hearing from you,

Kind regards,

Melanie  <melaniejeanc@googlemail.com>

Ps.  More details about the marathon can be found at http://community.keepachildalive.org/profile/brightonmarathonkca

Find us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=118557858191863&ref=ts

Follow us on Twitter: @KCA_UK http://twitter.com/kca_uk 

Add Keep a Child Alive as your favourite charity on eBay http://donations.ebay.com/charity/charity.jsp?NP_ID=9387

Text ALIVE to 82540 to make an instant £3 donation.(UK) Full details at www.keepachildalive.org/uk

24/10/2010 at 23:26

1. Zoyen
2. Alan Barnett
3. Banana Split
4. PinkSparkie
5. jaffa
6. Jacqui Eastwood
7. Womble78
8. Flowery Fay
26/10/2010 at 15:57
If anyone has a place for Brighton and are not now going to run, places can be transferred to another runner by Sunday this week.

Following still looking for places:

1. Zoyen
2. Alan Barnett
3. Banana Split
4. PinkSparkie
5. jaffa
6. Jacqui Eastwood
7. Womble78
8. Flowery Fay

26/10/2010 at 16:18

In case you haven't tried, you might want to try targeting a wider audience, Facebook for instance? BM have a group on there.

30/10/2010 at 14:08

We have just been invited to a wedding which means I cannot run this.

If anyone wants a place please contact me (Colin) on 07910 348 136.

At this late stage I am afraid it will have to be first come first served.

31/10/2010 at 05:35
Colin, I'm reposting thison the duplicate thread.
31/10/2010 at 14:17
Thanks - I received a transfer place yesterday. Someone please take Colin up on his offer as transfers officially end today.
31/10/2010 at 19:28

Helegant - thanks for your help.

I transfered the place today.

19/12/2012 at 11:34

Hi all,

Is anyone still keen to enter the Brighton Marathon and doesn't have a place as yet? We are Ambition, a leading youth development charity, and are looking for some keen runners to enter the race. Registration is FREE and the minimum pledge for fundraising is £500.

Youth clubs give young people opportunities they might not otherwise have. All money Ambition's runners raise from the marathon will go towards our work in ensuring this vital support stays in their communities.

Entry is open to runners aged 18 and over. You will receive regular newsletters and a Race Pack to support you in preparations for the big day, which starts at 9am in Preston Park.

To register, please get in touch with me, Anna, via this forum, or email info@ambitionuk.org. If you would like more information on our charity, please go to: www.ambitionuk.org. 

I look forward to hearing from you!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 36 of 36 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.