Brighton Marathon 2011

Never say never again

7,581 to 7,600 of 7,613 messages
13/04/2011 at 14:12
The results are all up perfectly on the sports systems page - thanks for the link Tom
13/04/2011 at 14:23
Hurrah! Thanks for letting me know
13/04/2011 at 14:49
Hey it's dark in here...
13/04/2011 at 14:51
good bye all see you on the 2012 page
13/04/2011 at 15:13

Well bugger me.. HELLO ..HELLO.. Can anyone hear me..

Thanks to all you guys and girls.. Be proud of your achievements and I am happy to have shared the journey with you all. See you in 2012!

13/04/2011 at 15:25
Twiddles dimmer switch..
13/04/2011 at 15:53

Just a few quick things before I sign-off from this thread.

Someone (I think GiantElf)  - I did a -ve split 1:59:40 / 1:58

FB - I used Endurolytes (my only source of salts) on Sunday and they worked a treat 1 every half hour.

Thanks to everyone for all the support advice etc of the last 10 months or so, very helpful and much appreciated. I will single out one person who contributed so many individual comments I don't konw how she did. Thanks Julia T

Bye!! See you on the 2012 thread although I doubt I'll be running.

13/04/2011 at 18:35
Aaaaaah thanks folks, I am truly touched by everyones comments. Something so horrible turned out lovely in the end
13/04/2011 at 19:16

ahhhhhhh.....

14/04/2011 at 08:20

Thought I'd just pop in to clear the Powerade bottles, pick up gel wrappers, and clear up the general mess left behind.

Unfortunately some people use online forums to vent their frustrations out in life. Fortunately many people on Runner's World forums seem to be genuinely supportive of one another, at whatever levels of athlete we are. The former will use their virtual persona to heckle, intimidate, belittle. The latter will use the forum to meet like-minded people. The former are virtual personalities that don't matter in real life. The latter are the people that could have a positive affect on your life.

Remember, until you've met, your online friends are virtual, making them virtually be whatever they want to be.

I know of many friendships/relationships that have been formed via Runners World forums, and still maintain it's a positive place.

One of the people amongst the better list is Julia T who is one of the nicest, kindest most thoughtful people I've met  on here, not to forget Toby, Vee, 2btiny, Spen etc.... and thanks to FB and Dips for their worldly advice.

NLR I'll leave you to decide which group you fall in. By the way, your photos are showing some slacking form for such a fast runner... I wish you luck in beating your 2008 marathon PB, but it gets harder as we get older....

Edited: 14/04/2011 at 08:23
14/04/2011 at 08:58
Thanks Tracy. please pass on my congratulations to all the Benfllet runners who successfully managed to complete the distance
14/04/2011 at 09:02
All but one actually Mark. One guy fell ill and had all sorts of checks in the ambulance it seems... so we were a top performing team All the best for the future, and try not to upset too many more people....
14/04/2011 at 09:16

Tracy B if are paths don’t cross again the i wish you all the luck in the world and hope that you active everything you set out to do hope you and Mike G are very happy together as i said before you have come such a long way since the early days of last years from when a 10 mile run was a daunting task

To a lady running Triathlons in which i wish you every suck success your race last year was a testament to courage, determination and may i be so as bold as to say sheer bloody mindedness you to have been an inspiration to me and others on theses threads

When i look back over this year’s thread and see how much it has grown  since that first year when we were a small bunch weren’t we in an out of every bodies lives  you, me, Julia T, Veester, Essex E gale wonder how Australia worked out, 2betiny, spen, TraceyG, FB and dips and a couple of others i forgot

Look after Julia T for us as you say she has a heart as big as anyone i know and has always been supportive of any one fast or slow so again i wish you every success in whatever you set out to do

Edited: 14/04/2011 at 09:17
14/04/2011 at 09:51

james will yoy be jioning us on the 2012 thread

14/04/2011 at 11:42
Toby thanks and the same to you. Also an inspiration to the 2010 and 2011 threads and never giving up! i just need to be fixed now so I can perform better. End of May is next hospital appt (as long as doing the mara hasn't but my body into a worse state for the thyroid stuff!).  By the way, Essex Eagle is loving Australia, and did the Canberra marathon the same day we did Brighton - he has some adventurous races out there Some great friendships have been formed. Thank you for all your support with both years, and may see you on another thread in the future. Best wishes Toby
14/04/2011 at 22:22

I have to finish this thread (which I wasn't planning on doing) with the most surreal experience tonight..I was lucky to be asked by niketown runners who i have run with for 2 and a bit years to go out on their promo event this evening in london for 2.3 miles...

..alongside Paula Radcliffe and Steve cram.....very nice bloke Cram...showed enormous concern about two guys who weere kept in overnight after the race that he had kept track of...showed he keeps tabs on what went on...

Paula..well what a stride..was lucky she took it easy tonight...what a great week!!  Bit surreal running in regents park with the two of them...oh and trying to keep the other 100 runners behind at bay!!

15/04/2011 at 03:42
Carlo best of luck and hope all your running gose well
15/04/2011 at 05:31
Nice to see GENTLEMAN SPARKIE at the Expo.There are prilent.I Hope there will return next Year.Why now Pasty at the Beach connected with Grand,Hilton to the Brighton Centre towards the Brighton Finish .Longest  Marathon Party Ever!
15/04/2011 at 14:48
even though i wasnt at my best on marathon day it was still lovley to see lovley brighton, and i couldnt have managed it only for the supporters! i dont think i will be doing brighton next year but to those that do best of luck, i think i will do a few halfers this year...
Bionic Ironwolf    pirate
15/04/2011 at 20:41

I've now officially retired from marathonning - the 45th was just one too many. First time ever that I couldn't run it all, in fact I walked well over half. Road running is just too hard on my old bones. I'll stick to triathlon in future.  Good luck to all.

Byeeee!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.