Brighton Marathon 2013

Can't wait for this one!

1,561 to 1,580 of 4,397 messages
14/11/2012 at 15:26

Barbie, at the Stinger they give you a scrummy nbrekkie at the end and there's even a veggie option for weirdos like me   Beachy was fab this year as always and the weather was quite kind to us wasn't it (well apart from the biting wind!).

14/11/2012 at 15:31

You're selling it to me even more as I'm a veggie weirdo too  Do you know when entries open?

This year was my first Beachy and I absolutely LOVED it, the most enjoyable race I've ever done - even the sleet battering my face from mile 21 couldn't wipe the smile off my face!

14/11/2012 at 15:37

Barbie, I think it's usually early December.  Glad you enjoyed Beachy - it's my favourite marathon with the 3 Forts a close second (but technically that's  an ultar as it's 27 miles).  I also think Brighton was fab and I did the very first 2 years but missed this one so looking forward to 2013.

14/11/2012 at 17:32

Swervin Mervin -  do you use a foam roller - it helped me a great deal with IT band issues. great that you've had no pain

Did a track session last night - then 4 miles this morning, rest tomorrow, 4 miles Friday easy pace and then the HM on Sunday!

Good running everyone!

14/11/2012 at 19:09

4 miles for me tonight.  Should have been 3, but this way I only have to do 2 tomorrow.

swervin mervin - glad you are able to run again without pain.

14/11/2012 at 21:25
Good going Poohbear.
Hope the pain continues to stay away Swervin
Lots of good running and planning from everyone else.
I have had a Few days off as had a few niggles in my left leg. Starts up about a mile into my run and is in the Achilles..ankle area! It doesn't hurt but it aches and have only managed up to 6 miles. Don't want to push things to make it worse so have a few gentle runs planned and if still problematic... See someone....just when things were going so well.
15/11/2012 at 09:38

Morning all,

5.5 miles of pootling for me earlier.  Just ticking over.

Gemgemx, hope your niggles clear up quickly.  You are sensible to take it easy and see if it works itself out.

15/11/2012 at 11:02

Three miles for me last night.  Should have been zero 

15/11/2012 at 20:09

I wimped out of a 5k run yesterday morning, mainly because I felt exhausted and really not in the mood for running. Made up for it today though with a 17k run to work. (Car in the garage for an MOT, so no other way of getting to work!) Glad I had a lift home though.

16/11/2012 at 03:48

Morning all

i joined weight watchers 3 weeks ago now as i have said for the last 3 years that i would love to be back to 11st to run Brighton instead of the 12st 8 i was the first and 2 year i did get down to 12st 4lbs this year for it but i have to say for the last 3 years have failed miserably in my attempt to lose the weight on my own

So bit the bullet and join W/W got a nasty shock when i went to my first weigh in was 13st 7lbs could have knocked me down with a feather

Well I'm coming to the end of week 3 and so far have lost 10.5 lbs it takes some getting used to and staying inside the point allowance was difficult the first week did slightly better the second week and this week

pro points wise did OK managed stay within my points allowance 3 days out of 5 and the other 2 i used them all up but did not go over so i have all my active points still in tacked ready for the weekend

running wise just a couple more 3 mile runs had a rest day yesterday and am due to do 5 today but will have to see how i feel after the visit to the dentist lost a filling eating salad would you believe

Edited: 16/11/2012 at 03:51
16/11/2012 at 11:02

Lost a filling due to eating salad!!! See i knew that veg stuff was dangerous stuff ..well done toby though for the weight loss youll be there in no time and you can hang your trainers up in april after doing your sub 4 hour mega marathon and end on a high.....i know you wont hang your trainers up ..

Wordslinger id love to run to work its 8 miles but alas i have to take the children to school on the way and pick them back up again when im done ..

Looks like all the excitment is building for your training plans everyone hope it all goes well..ill be thinking of you all mind you ill be out to as i want to keep the base mileage up for next year..

16/11/2012 at 11:16

Hey Toby well done. I joined weightwatchers 5 years ago and lost 2 stone over the course of a year. My mrs. is a helper at the local group and I'd been badgered to go for several years before but never got round to it. Should really go back again to get rid of the weight gained during my treatment at the beginning of the year. It does work if you are sensible about things!

16/11/2012 at 15:13

Afternoon all,

No running for me today as it's a rest day.  Will run Sat and Sun though.

Toby, well done on your weight loss. That's really good going for 3 weeks.  Keep up the good work.

Have a lovely weekend everyone 

16/11/2012 at 15:46

Toby - every 1lb weight loss is worth 2 Sec per mile for the average runner !! 

16/11/2012 at 19:32

Toby - well done with the weight loss, at this rate we wont be able to recognise you in April

16/11/2012 at 19:48

Well done Toby! I'm trying to shed a few pounds but it's bloody hard- am currently trying to come up with ways to make my favourite meals, like mac and cheese, healthier

A tempo run for me last night and then an easy 2 miler today, before I rest up for the Leeds Abbey Dash on Sunday- really really want to try and go sub-50 mins!

17/11/2012 at 06:41
Good luck Sarah...
17/11/2012 at 08:41

Good luck for the Leeds Abbey Dash, Sarah - I'm originally from West Yorks (Saltaire ish) so know the route. Enjoy!

Did my LSR today - 18km in 1.45, so reasonably pleased with that. Going to have a couple of days off now and get back to running on Tuesday! Have a good weekend, folks.

17/11/2012 at 14:01

Good luck Sarah

I'm running Brighton 10k tomorrow, it's my first 10k race - when I started running my first race was a half marathon and then full marathons so I've never raced 10k. I have to say I HATE trying to run 'fast' (and I am by no means 'fast') - I find it so much easier to run 20+ miles at 9 min mile pace, rather than try and run 6 miles at 7.30 min mile pace

Target is sub 48 mins and if I can do that, then I'm hanging up my 10k shoes for good!

17/11/2012 at 14:21

Thanks guys! Did an easy 2 miles yesterday and am resting and eating plenty today

1,561 to 1,580 of 4,397 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.