Brighton Marathon 2013

Can't wait for this one!

1,681 to 1,700 of 4,336 messages
11/12/2012 at 05:45

well done Poohbear

11/12/2012 at 06:04

Hello all

I haven't had much time to pop in here lately Lots happening!

Ten - just reading about your knee, great news that you can keep running

I have been cross training quite a bit as I have had various injuries, enjoying the change but hope to be back to mara training in the next week or two!

11/12/2012 at 07:52

Hi MWW.  Looking forward to all the training talk in the run-up to Spring.  It helps to make the drab winter months fly by.

11/12/2012 at 11:04

Good work, Poohbear!

Got my first run of the Brighton plan in today, just a gentle, sub-zero three miler in the dark to break me in gently... Enjoyed it though!

11/12/2012 at 11:10

Only another 500+ miles to go Wordslinger

11/12/2012 at 15:10

All this about training has prompted me to start my plan two weeks early! Just an easy 4 miles in the early afternoon sun was pleasant.

11/12/2012 at 16:20

Well done poohbear, you really are getting faster  

Hope you're back running again in no time MWW

More cross-training for me today- yawn! Hoping to be back running again by the end of the week, since I have a 5 mile race next week

11/12/2012 at 19:34

Day 2 of my marathon program, so it was time to actually do a run .  Eight miles as follows: 2m warm-up, 4m tempo, and 2m cool-down.

Halfway through the tempo it felt pretty hard, but then suddenly began to feel easier. Weird, but good.

12/12/2012 at 05:41

morning all

well just 5 for me yesterday took just over  48 minutes so pleased with that have another 5 today but my well do them on the treadmill as a recover run

12/12/2012 at 12:54

Tenjiso - well done on actually running! 8 miles for a first run sounds impressive

Toby - I've swapped my days around as well on my plan, so I'll be running Mon, Tues, Wed and Friday. I've never run 3 days in a row before so that'll be interesting!

Poohbear - well done on your treadmill run!

Sounds like everyone's training is starrting nicely.

My 3rd 3 miler in 3 days today, but it was the coldest. Yesterday it was -2C, and it was much colder than that. Beautiful though! I have sneakily bought a new pair of gloves as my hands were numb by the time I got home. Stll, its forecast warm, but heavy rain again by Friday for my long run. Lovely!

12/12/2012 at 16:51

B&T - the schedules I'm following have higher midweek mileage than I usually run early in the program.  It's harder to find the time, but now I've made my mind up, I think I'll make time to accomodate the runs.

Today is a rest day for me, then tomorrow is nine miles.

I keep saying this (and then do nothing), but I intend to sort out my core training and nutrition this time around.  No really, I do.  Really.  Probably.

12/12/2012 at 21:38

Rejoining the thread as the training schedules kick in. Haven't read back on all your progress but will make sure I do. Looking forward chewing up the miles together.

13/12/2012 at 06:17

morning all

rest day today did 5 yesterday on the treadmill as what i class as a recover run which intails walk 1k run 1k and so on

14/12/2012 at 13:55

been trying to start training but now had the vomiting bug twice and now down with full on flu - aches, fevers, sore eyes etc ....thanks kids!!! Think it will be another week before i get started.

14/12/2012 at 14:21

That's what happened to me last year... twice !   This year, I've had the flu jab!!!

Another rest day for me today.  I ran nine miles at steady 10:20 pace on the treadie yesterday.  Touchwood... my knees fell pretty good so far.

14/12/2012 at 17:35
Andy -yuck! Hope you feel 100% soon
Toby - well done on your runs this week
Tenjiso - ANOTHER rest day?! Glad the knee's feeling good.
Anyone else officially started their training plan now?

I've completed week 2 ofmy schedule. 3 icy, freezing runs of 3 miles each, then 7 miles in torrential rain today. Forgot to put my HR on, but it felt quite hard which was a little depressing. When I got back, saw I'd been runningat 11 minute miles which is fast for a LSR for me!

2 rest days now - lovely!
14/12/2012 at 18:06
Black And Tabby wrote (see)
Tenjiso - ANOTHER rest day?! 

2 rest days now - lovely!

pot... kettle.... black 

14/12/2012 at 18:20

should have done 10 today but a week of 12 hours days culminating in a 13.5 hr last night  finally caught  with me so had a rest day today will try again tomorrow

15/12/2012 at 13:49

That kind of work week would catch anybody up!

4m recovery run for me this morning.  Looking forward to a decent 12 miler tomorrow to cap off week one.

15/12/2012 at 14:28

Good 10.5 cliff path this morning and managed to stay on my feet this week - so that's progress! Lots of muddy puddles etc but no blood!! Still blowing a gale down here and also encountered hail and rain but not too bad all things considered!

Pooh bear and Toby 3 great running and Tenjiso glad all seems well with the knee

Fortunately not had any winter bugs (yet) and am hoping to escape them - despite working in a hospital.......dodgy stuff with Norovirus around! 

Going spinning tomorrow - never done it before but should help strengthen the quads and prevent old pre-arthritic knee from playing up as the mileage increases.....

1,681 to 1,700 of 4,336 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.