Brighton Marathon 2014

Rip off entry fee!

21 to 21 of 21 messages
06/09/2013 at 09:45

I agree that the entry is expensive and I for one wouldn't pay it ordinarily but having failed to get into London the past few years I decided to bite the bullet and know that I have a guaranteed entry for a spring marathon - they have us over a barrel on that one I think.

What do other runners think about having to collect their racepack and number in person on the Friday or Saturday before the run?  The main reason I chose Brighton instead of other more appealing runs was the easy travel distance from home - I never for one minute thought that I would have to make a prior round trip to Brighton.  Their reasoning is that runners will have the peace of mind of having their number by race day and that it will save the carbon footprint - thinking more about my wallet here - either double fares to Brighton or a hotel bill!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 21 of 21 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.