Brighton Marathon 2015

here we go again

541 to 547 of 547 messages
25/07/2014 at 16:36

Afternoon all

just went out for a run about 530 yesterday with no distance in mind decided to run till i got to hot or had, had enough after about 10 miles decided enough was enough but still had a couple of miles to get home so stop in a news agency to get a cold drink in the end it turn out to be just over 12

Yvonnewelcome home hope the holiday went well

27/07/2014 at 20:05

Evening all

7 miles with Poohbear yesterday had to stop a couple of times to cool down due to the heat and an hour of weights and gym today watched the commonwealth marathon this morning didn’t the Aussie’s do well  

27/07/2014 at 20:30
Should have been 5 miles today but pulled my hamstring playing hockey and it was still a bit tight so kept it slow for 4 then walked the last mile back. It's nearly healed just didn't see the point in pushing it if it was tight
28/07/2014 at 20:21

13 miles for me today lovely cool breeze at times but still a tad too hot for my liking still shouldn’t complain after all that rain the earlier part of the year although I'm glad it wasn't this hot when i was training for Brighton so perhaps i shouldn't complain about the rain either

29/07/2014 at 12:03

Toby, you're consistently running good miles, despite the heat.

Tillstar, hope the hamstring settles down nicely.

Nice 15 miles along the seafront this morning. Ok, so it was a planned run/walk but still the longest I've run this year and I kept to a reasonable overall time.

Happy Runnings

29/07/2014 at 12:17

I ran the Brighton Marathon a couple of years ago then London the weekend after. I was 45 at the time and did 3.14. Done a few different ones such as Jersey , Loch Ness etc but would definately recommend Brighton. Bit of an odd course. The start is quite awkward with a left turn steep climb and descent but I was running at my chosen pace inside a couple of minutes. Out of interest I went with the wife. We had chicken noodles for lunch at the end of the pier and for dinner I had loaded potato skins and a chilli. This is the best I have ever felt running a marathon and would recommend to everyone. There is a steep long climb past the Marina but you get to go back down it.

Yesterday at 07:35
Good running juggler and Toby.
Thanks juggler, leg feels better now only a little tight. Played hockey again last night but didn't enjoy it so much. Gonna keep at it and see how it goes but may just stick to running. It's been a funny old week and I'm looking forward to getting out for a good 5 miles tonight as sometimes only a run will clear your head

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
541 to 547 of 547 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.