Brighton Marathon 2015

here we go again

581 to 588 of 588 messages
22/08/2014 at 16:00

Thanks Toby.  There is one I have done before that I was hoping to do in March but it is on 29th and I thought it would be too close to Marathon date to do but I just looked and the plan has me doing 14 that day anyway so Im guessing I would be okay to do it afterall?

23/08/2014 at 08:20

you can treat it one of two ways either treat the race as a training run or just go for the time i tend to go for the time at least that way i no i can keep my marathon pace up for at least 13.1 miles

23/08/2014 at 09:05
Cool thanks Toby. Will decide nearer the time based on how training is going but I'm thinking I would like to go for a time as would be an indication of how my training is going and what I might expect on marathon day
24/08/2014 at 15:03

great effort folks. stick at it.

25/08/2014 at 12:25

Managed a 12 miler on Friday, which I found quite tough, despite being a flat, road / seafront course!

Then a quiet weekend for me. Gentle bike ride Saturday with Mrs J. Rest day Sunday, meal with friends, eating outside in the sun. Could be the last time this year the way the weather is heading. 7 miles at a reasonable pace this morning.

Tillstar, to add to what Toby said, my personal advice would be, if you do decide to go for the time that close to the marathon, just make sure that you have a real recovery week the next week, with very little running. Two weeks out from a marathon, a good HM could be just the thing to finish your training, but you will need to make sure that your joints are fully recovered for the 26.2. -I usually find it takes two weeks to recover from a tough HM, so if you are disciplined, it could work well for you, but as you say, probably best to decide nearer the time.

Happy runnings everyone

Edited: 25/08/2014 at 12:26
25/08/2014 at 13:15

Afternoon all

13 miles for me Saturday with Poohbear and another 10 today had to break out the long running tights and rain coat for the first time for a while must say i struggled a bit back on afternoons as from today so hopefully it won't take me long to get back to my usually running routine

Yesterday at 00:53

6 miles yesterday off up to Newcastle for the GNR next Friday then a week off and then it's the Bristol H/M

Yesterday at 13:48

Afternoon all

13 miles for me today banging in the mileage at the moment to try to lose some of the weight i put on last week

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
581 to 588 of 588 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.