Brighton Marathon 2015

here we go again

721 to 734 of 734 messages
14/10/2014 at 21:35
Well done Robert.

I haven't run since Thursday - bad Tillstar! - been preparing for a job interview and didnt have time. Straight back on it tomorrow although looking at the forecast I tjink I will be running In the gym.
15/10/2014 at 00:54

same here must get out for run tomorrow i could of got out yesterday but over slept but could have still fitted a small run in before dentist appointment but took one look out the window at all that rain and chickened out

16/10/2014 at 00:50

So I'm sticking to the 6 miles every other night regime. I went for my first run with a club last week and really enjoyed it. It was my first taste of interval training....we ran 6 miles alternating a mile at 7mins and a mile at 9mins the idea being 8mins is my comfort zone (I thinks that was what it was all about anyway). Really enjoyed it as it goes, and realised I'm not the only nutter out on a rainy evening wearing tight fitting shorts!

Now the Tonbridge Half is but a fading memory, I'm looking forward to the Bexhill Half on November the 8th. Hope the weather is okay as it's all on the seafront. This will be the first race I've done that consists of 'laps' as well. I think we do 4 laps to complete the half.

Good luck with the job interview Tillstar.

16/10/2014 at 00:59

morning all

well got out for a run yesterday did 10 miles rain was very kind and held of so a nice dry run for me

16/10/2014 at 13:02

Thanks Swervin Mervin

I didn't get the job but it turned out to be a very different role to the one the agency told me it was so I would have turned it down anyway.

Still haven't managed to out there and run.  Must run tonight!!   I have signed up with the Charity I want to raise money for and now each run has more motivation.  No more excuses.

Im planning on 5ish miles 3 times a week and then the long run at the weekend, fingers crossed it isn't pouring with rain tonight.  Thinking of cancelling my gym membership as I hate the treadmill and would rather run in pouring rain.

16/10/2014 at 13:02
Edited: 16/10/2014 at 13:03
16/10/2014 at 13:42

Good to see all are out running still (even though some should be running more than they are).

I'm now working in Hove so can run some of the marathon course which might help in preperation next year. I have a taper week now before Venice marathon on the 26th this month....

16/10/2014 at 20:00
5 miles done. No idea how fast as my garmin has died so had no gadgets.

That's it now. No missed sessions anymore. Okay so sometimes missing is unavoidable and if it is then fair enough but no more sessions missed because I can find an excuse not to run.

Currently trying to revive my garmin. This will be the 5th one in my life to die on me. If it can't be fixed I need a cheap replacement but don't know what as losing faith In garmin.
17/10/2014 at 17:45

Tillstar mine seemed to give up during a 10 mile race last week but seems to be okay now, only had it a year never thought I'd want one but couldnt run without it now!!!

Day off work today planned a 10-11 mile almost talked myself into 6-7 mile run but completed 10.5 miles in 1hr 30 mins. (told myself not to be lazy!) not so guilty went out with the other half for lunch then a few beers... followed by a few beers tonight and a trip to cadbury world tomorrow!

See if I managed a 6 miler on sunday now! 

19/10/2014 at 00:17

Shame about the job Tillstar.....I'm sure something is around the corner. Good job you got out of the house at last and put some tarmac under those trainers!  I've never actually ran on a treadmill......I quite like running in the rain as it goes. I was out in the lashing rain this week and one key point I was reminded of was that rain and hair gel rolling down my forehead into my eyes isn't a great feeling!

Bad luck with the Garmin......I'm on my second. My 305's battery died and I bought a replacement on eBay. Managed to open the case and replace it but it simply would not pick up any satellites since. I then upgraded to a 310 which is great though the screen has started to mist up this week when out in sunshine on colder days....I'm thinking of sending it back to Amazon to see if a replacement is better as I've found myself not being able to read the screen.

I've managed 4 x 6 mile runs this week and am quite enjoying it at the moment. I've really gotta find the time for some longer runs though.

Good running Robert...I'm the same, I wouldn't be without my Garmin. I just love storing all my runs and trying to beat my times.

Looking forward to the 'Poppy Half Marathon' on the 8th Nov. It's now sold out so there will be 1500 people taking part.

19/10/2014 at 12:22

haven't run since last Wednesday as my hip was playing up and i decided to rest it must start again tomorrow though having said that i may well have to tone down my ambitious training regime as things at work have now got busier and were working long hours

and the 3:30 targets now looking doubtful  i seem to have lost my running mojo at the moment oh well it’s not the first time this has happened and dare say it won’t be the last

19/10/2014 at 14:43

Did a steady 14 miles this morning. With the Swindon 1/2 last week and Tough Mudder next week I've not had much time to recover from the Loch Ness marathon 3 weeks ago.

Helga 43: looks your doing the Bath half as well. 

Time to get some speed in my legs between now and Christmas before the proper training starts again.

Yesterday at 13:29

morning all

10 miles for me this morning going to bulid the mile back up slowly over the next couple of weeks

Yesterday at 14:44

Toby, surely its a bit early to say the 3:30 is looking doubtful with 6 months to go !!! i have not got a clue what time i will be aiming for next year till Im well into my training.

My running mojo always goes! seems to come back though

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
721 to 734 of 734 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.