Brighton Marathon 2015

here we go again

741 to 748 of 748 messages
23/10/2014 at 09:38

Hi Tillstar they reopen the entries most years as they have some entries handed back thats how i got in the first year

23/10/2014 at 13:33

Hi Guys

Stephen unfortunately not I still have my full time job just looking for another job that may pay a bit more to help with the bills.

Toby oh okay that makes sense, just never heard of it before and neither had my boyfriend who has done several Brightons.

Well still no running for me as the hip is still painful. Seems worse today so maybe rest is not helping as much as running was lol.  Going to try a run on Sunday if I can but may just wait to get physio advice on Monday.  Im hoping its nothing and I she gives me the okay to get back to normal running on Tuesday but at least if there is a problem with how I train I can find it and sort it out before the official training starts.

Either way I am going to have to adjust my training plan as I have missed too many sessions recently to be able to pick it back up again so Im going to take it back to basics and build up gradually.

It means that I am not at the level I wanted to be when I start the training plan but as its my first marathon and I only need to get round it isn't going to ruin that im just going to be less ambitious on how prepared and fast I might be.

23/10/2014 at 23:56

Howdy all. I'm still plodding on with the 10k's and not finding the time to run any further.

Bad luck with the hip Tillstar. I do feel for you, it's gutting when you've got the will to do it but the old creaking bones won't play ball. Hope you get better soon.....I'm sure you will. I've had sore hips, feet, knees, buttocks over the last couple of years but thankfully none of them have hung around too long.

I went out last night with the local running club again and really enjoyed it. We did 'line running' where we ran out in a line and every minute the runner at the back had to sprint to the front of the pack and then a minute later the runner at the back had to ...... you get the picture.

It was a real buzz and such a change from my usual solitary running. Managed to maintain a pace of 7:15/mile for 45 minutes which I was pleased with.

Yesterday at 00:36

Morning all

Did a 3 mile run yesterday and then an hour of yoga and aerobic exercises on the Wii fit will just do 8 tomorrow as i have to be some were by 1.30 pm after this week I'm hoping to something a little longer on a Friday

Tillstar hope the hip gets better soon this is the email i had the first year

This is your official notification of the exact date and time that the remaining entries for the Brighton Marathon 2010, are going to be made available.

Since our initial first-come, first-served entry system closed at 8am on October 1st, we have had several thousand would-be Brighton Marathon runners declare their interest in taking part by leaving their information with us. This incredible response, means that the number of places we are able to make available, is only a fraction of the number of people receiving this email at the same time as you. Apologies if this sounds impersonal!

The entries we are going to sell, have been handed back to us by Brighton Marathon entrants who have opted to take up their Virgin London Marathon ballot entry, as well as some people who’ve simply had to pull out because of a christening, wedding, injury, illness, holiday, cold feet......you name it, we’ve heard it. But while their loss could be your gain, there are not that many places, so please get ready to make a diary note......

.....those remaining entries are going to become available on a first-come, first-served basis, and at the original price, at this time:

Edited: 24/10/2014 at 00:39
Yesterday at 20:35
Great 5miles tempo running for me last night. Nice easy 8m for me tomorrow, then wind down down before Stevenage HM next weekend.
Good luck with your runs this weekend
Today at 09:22
Anyone else done this route before whilst starting in the 3:15-3:30 pen?

Just wanted some advice on how crowded it is. Thanks.
Today at 10:37
Great sat AM run 8.5 m at 8:45 pace. Felt so comfortable really happy with running at moment. Summer break has definitely helped. Off to work soon on the late shift, I will b buzzing whilst everyone else will b miserable. The joys of being a runner
Today at 11:28

mornring all

well the 8 yesterday never happened did get out for a short 3 mile run this morning though

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
741 to 748 of 748 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.