Brighton Marathon 2015

here we go again

1,341 to 1,357 of 1,357 messages
26/03/2015 at 17:57

Thanks John2443.

26/03/2015 at 18:05
I'm staying in gatwick and training it to Preston park, train arrives about 8.10. I tried to book a hotel a year ago but they caught on this year and hiked the prices as soon as the rooms became available.
26/03/2015 at 18:13

I booked a premier inn on 20/04/14 (first day they became available) and for 2 rooms for 2 nights in Newhaven in will cost just under £300. I could have gone this weekend and it would have been half the price.  Supply and demand I guess.

26/03/2015 at 18:16
Maybe cos it's school holidays too? Gatwick was ??31 and train ??10. Wife will drive in with kids later.
26/03/2015 at 19:41

I am staying near Brighton sea front and walking to the start - someone told me they had already booked dinner as places get booked up - was just assuming my hotel would feed me? guess i will have dinner and then just try not to get nervous till morning - mmmm what do people do the night before? can't drink red wine (normal Sat night activity).... scrabble, cards? Anyone fancy a game?

26/03/2015 at 20:12

You can't go wrong with Donatellos. Nice simple pasta. 

26/03/2015 at 22:23

They are filling up! I just booked table now

PG3
26/03/2015 at 23:28

there are some bargains still on airbnb.  John thanks for the info.

27/03/2015 at 16:28

Im back from Jerusalem marathon, and everyone seems to be getting into things here. only 2 weeks to go......Taper time!

27/03/2015 at 17:54

3.57.07. Looked a bit warm over there. 

Yesterday at 20:42

Good week of training for me so far, 10m with 6 at a MPish followed by 10 easy miles the next day. This morning i finally broke 18 minutes for 5k with a new PB of 17:54 which made my day. Near enough time to wrap myself in cotton wool and take it easy until the 12th.

Yesterday at 20:44

Wenter - Hope it went well and you enjoyed it.

Congrats on PB J Swizzle!

I'm not sure I'll make it to the start line. I was staying in Liverpool with work Thursday night and went out for a 14 mile run alongside the Mersey and somehow turned my ankle. It didn't feel too bad, so I carried on. That night I started to get a pain in my lower leg which got progressively worse. I'm now limping around, still in pain and can't work out if it is my ankle or calf.

I hope it is ankle, if it is calf there will be no chance of making it as I've torn it before and it took a couple of months to recover last time.

If I do make it, injury aside, will missing the last 2 weeks of training have much of an adverse effect?

Edited: 28/03/2015 at 20:47
Yesterday at 20:58
J Swizzle, that's flying! Great work.

Manatbar, shame about the injury. Hopefully it is nothing serious. Can't imagine it'll be too detrimental not getting in much running over the next couple of weeks.

I went slightly quicker than Tunbridge Wells half at Hastings last weekend, finishing in 1:26:16. I've got Paddock Wood half tomorrow. I'll be aiming for MP tomorrow so hoping for a comfortable 1:30
Yesterday at 22:15

Top effort Lombster, all looking good for you!! Keep a lid on it tomo though.

Manatbar, sorry to hear about the injury and hope it is only a tweek. 2 weeks taking it easy is probably what most of us should be doing so probably no harm done. get healthy soon

Yesterday at 23:09

Manatbar Hope its not too serious next couple of weeks is made up of easy stuff anyway hope you make it to the start line!

Yesterday at 23:15
Booked a bunkhouse bed two weeks ago for 27 quid!!! Includes breakfast... Worth checking out!!
Today at 03:03
Sadly unable to run the Brighton Marathon on 12th April due to a torn ligament from last minute training that I'm now having to have surgery on. I'm devastated but no point in deferring my entry to next year as I plan to be abroad next April. If anybody would like to pretend to be me I would love to pass the entry on, I am happy to collect my racepack on the Friday and meet you to hand it over or post it next day delivery. Please let me know by message asap on here. They will not let me transfer names so please be aware you will be running as me! I do not want any money in return I would just be pleased to know my money hasn't been wasted so please only contact me if you are certain you will be running. Please message me if interested, and please no lectures about transferring to others, we are all here because we share a passion for running and I want to give someone the opportunity to bring a positive out of the last 8 months training I've done that's left me injured and miserable. Thanks

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
1,341 to 1,357 of 1,357 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.