Broxtowe Super Sprint Triathlon

4 messages
Doner Kebab    pirate
06/06/2011 at 19:29

obviously a beginners event - which i most definately am - i was just wondering how bad the rest of the people that are thinking about doing this are?

i swim like a brick, and at the moment i have to take a breather every 4 lengths (25m pool)

i have grasped the gears on my bike - the last time i rode a road bike the gears was on a lever on the downtube which you had to get into gear by feel - it was a raleigh winner circa 1982

running isnt a problem - just not the fastest bloke on the block

11/06/2011 at 20:11

I am tempted to do this, but I have also entered the Great Notts Bike Ride and don't know if I would have time to get to Holme Pierrepont afterwards?

I have never done a Triathlon before and would love a go. I am concerned about the abilities of others too.

If I did it I would hope to complete the 3 area's as follows:-

Swim - 200m - Around 4 mins

Bike - 7km - 20 to 25 mins dependant on hills

Run - 2km - 12 - 13 mins dependant on hills

Doner Kebab    pirate
11/06/2011 at 21:52
closing was yesterday mate iirc
11/06/2011 at 23:04
Gues that solves my problem then!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.