Budapest Marathon 2012

A race worth considering!

21 to 27 of 27 messages
25/09/2012 at 13:45

i doing easy jet on that friday also but we live near gatwick but actually going from luton airport this time

28/09/2012 at 18:32

well 10 day weather forecast says it going to be 22 deg on the day which is 72 deg and sunny , the days before are same also so looking good for very decent days running

28/09/2012 at 19:50

i'm not the biggest fan of hot weather and my times definitely suffer in the heat....

hopefully it will start off a little cooler, as having watched the youtube video of the course, it doesn't look like there will be much shade....

29/09/2012 at 20:38

oh dont worry , we start half 9 so be nice then and that the top temp which prob be 1 or 2 ish  but thats not really that warm and there plenty drink and sponge stations , better than wind or rain

09/10/2012 at 21:53

So what was the verdict? Speaking personally, I thought it was an excellent event. Organisation was good, plenty to drink and friendly encouraging spectators. I've only just discovered that "Hurrá" means "Hooray". I'm glad I thanked the 2000 or so people who said it to me around the course. Goody bags were good too. As for the medal, whoever said that size isn't everything?

10/10/2012 at 20:49

I did this one, too. It was the best thing I have ever done. Amazing weather, support and atmosphere. I am from Hungary and I lve here in the UK so running around in the best bits of Budapest made me feel quite homesick. I did the race with my friend, I think without her I could not have done so well. 

13/10/2012 at 14:21

only my second marathon after brighton in april and did same time bar 8 seconds quicker this time , 3 hours 48 mins 37 seconds ,

but weather was so perfect for running , organisation was for abroad excellent , brighton marathon was superbly organised , and the run was brilliant down andrassi along the danube across the bridges , support along the run was as said not massively supported but was good , drinks etc was superb as enough of them and wonderful people holding drinks out superb job , only fault wish they had small bottles instead of them thin white cups but would love to do again . medal t shirt and goody bag very good , cheers budapest lovely 8 days spent and nice to see westbury runners lordshill runners and another portsmouth fan living in budapest

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 27 of 27 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.