Buntingford Year End 10

41 to 57 of 57 messages
26/12/2008 at 12:25

Oh well, that's me out of the running (excuse the pun) - entered 5k today but had to turn round and hobble home after the first 1.5k so am checking myself into physio as soon as I'm able.  Bah humbug!

Have a good race everyone

27/12/2008 at 15:34

Trig - sorry you are not going to make it then - not been lucky have you?...There's always another race though.
BTB - hows it feeling now? (And no references to Hashettes shorts please!)
ReikiR - Yeah, I've managed 6 or 7 miles at a slow pace too now but I've got a bruise the size of a dinner plate on my thigh..so I think I'm taking it steady
CheekyP - over the man flu now? - I'm still sniffing.

What a sorry lot we are!

M'n'P - Hi - we never did get to speak at Luton in the end - I saw you from the Gallery thing in the Hall but didn't see you after.... didn't have an oportunity to speak. Hope all is well with you both.

So - Good Luck everyone. I'm 535 if anyone wants to say 'Hi'.
Get well wishes to anyone else feeling a bit under....

Graham

27/12/2008 at 16:57

Hi Graham

Glad your running again and turning out tomorrow, sounds like you have done really well just to be on the start line. Flu & horses not the ideal preperation.

Yep im still struggling with man flu, just cant shift it. Managed A coughing 37M so far this week. Have done some really nice X country in Ashridge. Hoping to finish of with 10 tomorrow then go for a rest day monday. Will have to make a decision in the morning. Might just jog it as it sounds like a good route to have a look at for future years.

If I do make it im number 189 and will look out for you to say Hi!

You can also spot me as the guy with the hot water bottle & lemsip on the go!

Good luck everyone running tomorrow.

27/12/2008 at 21:17
i'll be jogging - i'm 112 & you'll recognize me in my hat scarf & coat!
27/12/2008 at 21:22

Well now

wearing hat, scarf and coat

27/12/2008 at 21:27

Just got to get my arse out the bed -

and we'll rock n roll

28/12/2008 at 11:04

Good luck to everyone running today - looks like fantastic weather for it and I'm VERY jealous   Physio booked for Tuesday so hope that I'll be out there real soon.

Looking forward to reading all your race reports.

28/12/2008 at 15:02

I got round in 96:41 after a very slow start,  when knee eased off & I just couldn't keep to quite the snail's pace I'd planned. 

It was an honour to run part of the way with micknphil, & I really enjoyed the whole thing actually - cold yes but bright, & I love teh course & the friendly atmosphere at this race.

Ten mins down on last year's time but I'm glad I did it. 

28/12/2008 at 15:30

Yeah great atmosphere, really nice people out there

Managed to knock 5 mins of 10M PB so well chuffed! 69Mins dead

All that hastings training paid off and the man flu wasn't to bad. Legs felt great, chest a bit whezzy.

Really nice course and well marsheled. Thanks guys & girls I had a blast!

Best fruit cake and tea after I have ever tasted a believe me I have tested many.

Really cant wait for another crack at Fred Hughes 10 in 3 weeks as its much flatter and will hopefully be fully fit! 20 sleeps to go!

28/12/2008 at 15:43

No wonder we didn't see you CheekyP!

Great run!!!

28/12/2008 at 15:56

Thanks Rabbit!

I saw Mick & Phil coming down the final straight!

They looked like they were having a great day - smiles all round!

28/12/2008 at 16:44

Well done everyone!! We made it!
Managed to get round in 1:25:45 by my watch - official time I think was just under 1:26.. was a bit of a mix up at the start wasn't there but what the hell - was never going to PB today anyway.

So.. thats a bit better than I thought for today I but still 6 mins off my PB.. Leg aches like hell now.

Still - good course, great conditions - didn't see any off you but glad you all had a good day too.

Hopefully I'll see some of you at Fred Hughes.. and be fit by then.

28/12/2008 at 18:31
I'll be there!  Barring worsening knee scenarios.
28/12/2008 at 19:50

Buntingford 10 miler ( Gently Run - Not Raced in 1.37 )

What a perfect day to end the year ahh -

I knew full well that to make today easy, it would be all about mind games and being relaxed and positive and not involving physical strategy

Was up at 5.15, to get ready quietly, left home at 6 am, knowing it was a good 2 hour journey which ever way we went, it’s an awkward place to get to

We drove into the crack of daylight, how beautiful the sky was, - So, as usual arrived early, got things together, I just knew it was simply perfect for running

Put wheelchair together, gave Phillip his medication, then we quietly had our breakfast - and coffee, all of that was peaceful as we were parked at the back of the HQ,

Got our wheelchair nibbles bag together, etc, so everything was ready - then we set about in a warm changing area changing Phillip - getting him nice and snug-

Then we went for a relaxing walk, just watching people arrive and chatting to others

Then I set about preparing myself- I had no intentions today of wearing my watch, this was just going to be a enjoyable, relaxing, almost effortless run- checking the time only when we finished by the race clock

I myself got changed, and when ready - then I relaxed for a little while, - still keeping myself well hydrated -

Race time came, off we set, - where I would normally take the first mile steady and then as bigger gaps appeared, gradually open up the pace and move though the field gently - the push the pace after 2, 3 and 4 miles -

Not today, that was never the plan, I wanted to remember what the tranquil countryside on a cold refreshing day was like - I set off very gently and pretty much stayed at an easy pace, totally relaxed, very comfortable, physiologically felt really good, the miles unfolded, and we came to the only real long drag in the race, and it felt simply easy , very little effort involved, talking to people who were just really not used to running distance races -

I felt really good , thinking if only it was a HM, knowing it would be sadly over soon, sooner rather than later -

Over the course of the event we met several people - including - HOD - ReikiRabbit - Brooks the Beast - Richard W- , and some I just don’t know, but had spoken to before

Well, that’s 2008 races over, it was the perfect end to another year - there really could not have been a more perfect day than today

Though the road race calendar just continues on for us, It was still a day that can be etched in my mind for ever, something to cherish when things aren’t looking or going so good

29/12/2008 at 21:24

anyone know if and when the results will be available?

I am so eager to see then....mainly because I set a new PB.

First time i have done this one and thought it was a really good and fast course.

The 2nd half seemed considerably more downhill than the 1st half...although the last 1/4 mile was hard as hell!

will be back next year!

great atmosphere too!

30/12/2008 at 14:07

They're on the new website, but if you haven't refreshed the screen you might be looking at the old one.  There is a re-direction on it, but for some reason the old site still showed up at work when I went into it on Monday.

30/12/2008 at 19:40

Got the results now, via the new website. Cheers for dat Hashette.

I dont think the re-direct is working properly tho.

still buzzin

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 57 of 57 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.