Bupa Great Manchester Run

21 to 22 of 22 messages
28/05/2013 at 05:38

I absolutely loved it! It was my first ever 10K. I've only been running for less than a year and then fell off the wagon completely for nearly 4months earlier this year where I didn't do any running at all, so I hadn't actually done the full distance ever.  My estimated time when I signed up last November was 1.10 and I managed to finish in 1:09 which I was really pleased with, especially as I didn't walk a single step and it was really hot by the time the green wave started at midday!

It was great watching the wheelchair race and the elite women come into the finish before we started and the atmosphere was brilliant - very tempted to sign up for next year again!

03/06/2013 at 11:50

This was my first ever 10k so I put myself at the back so I wasn't blocking any faster runners, assuming I enter next years event, I have a time now so will hopefully go in an earlier wave and not get stuck behind quite so many people who walked after just a few hundred yards.  The weather was a bit too hot, only one water station wasn't really good enough, especially at a £39 entry fee. Overall the atmosphere made up for these niggles and I would probably enter again because its good fun being part of something so big.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 22 of 22 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.