Candleford Canter Ladies Only 10K

Come on ladies, you know you want to!

21 to 40 of 106 messages
22/10/2007 at 12:40

Great to hear you're joining us again Embo78.

Looking forward to my first running of this one (although I did cheat slightly and ran the course on Saturday morning just so I knew what to expect on the day). Really, really lovely route, expecially if the conditions are as good as they were this weekend.

See you there

Helen

23/10/2007 at 01:19
Thats Cheating
23/10/2007 at 08:16

Hi Everyone,

I have entered this and am really looking forward to it as it sounds like a nice event.

Helen - Were there any particular hilly bits that we need to prepare for? Just in case theres one right at the end I like to be prepared!

23/10/2007 at 08:33

Hi HH,

When I say hilly, it's really only a few slopes to contend with, nothing really bad and all bar one are in the first 5km. The last slope (you really couldn't call it a hill) is in the last 1km. You'll have already run down it on the way out so you'll know what to expect! 

fittorun, I like to be prepared  

Helen

23/10/2007 at 14:13

also, the start and finish aren't (or weren't) in the same place. Last year made a mistake of trying to sprint finish thinking i was nearer to the end than i was. Almost not a very pleasant end!

BTW. Also recommend Fringford Village fireworks. They were the w/e after the canter last year, only went cause i saw a notice in the village hall after the race. V spectacular. And the Butchers Arms is supposed to be v good for Sunday lunch but i'm told you really need to book in advance

Thanks for the welcome Helen R

Oh and in my opinion if it's a choice between Andy Reading and this, I would do this. Although saying that i've done both and will probably do both again this year beacuse they are both very well organised races although very different from each other.

23/10/2007 at 23:06

If anyone fancies eating in the Butchers Arms after the race i would pre-book your table as they have one hell of a good reputation and get booked up quick.

See the back of the race program for the telephone number.

Any entries received after tomorrow I will keep back and you can collect on the day just  the postmen go on strike again. 

24/10/2007 at 08:29

ooooh, ftr, you're soooo organised!

Embo, thanks for the tip on the fireworks. I was looking for somewhere to head to this year. The Butchers arms does the most fantastic food, but is very popular and you will need to book ahead. Good to hear you'll be joining us for Andy R too , entry forms will be available on Sunday.

Not long now ladies (and gent), see you all soon.....

24/10/2007 at 10:11
Waiting to see if ftr hands me my number at club tonight since I only shoved it through his door on Monday.
24/10/2007 at 13:51

I'm sure ftr is very organised and has everyone's numbers to hand to them this eve.....

Anyone out there planning on entering on the day?

24/10/2007 at 14:07

Yes Me in drag .

Hi Bridget

Your number should be with you today it was put in the post yesterday morning not at club tonight.

24/10/2007 at 14:22

Aw, don't say that ftr, you'll put all the ladies off entering!

24/10/2007 at 17:14
It did indeed arrive, delivered by another Nick!
24/10/2007 at 20:38
I am thinking of EOD Helen - I had the Canter advertised to me when I was puffing round Hanney and thought it would be interesting to do an all-female race (never done one before!). Have been off with a wonky bum & only been back running a few weeks but if you wait 'til you're sure you'll get a good time before you do something, you might never get to do it!
24/10/2007 at 22:57

Hi F2D, 'a wonky bum', I won't ask any more  but glad it's all ok now and you're back up and running.

Please do come and join us... I'll be the one taking your money Sunday morning, along with Pipes (also on this thread). Its my first all female race too and I'm really looking forward to it. A chance for us ladies to run while the guys do the hard work marshalling and cheering us on.

See you Sunday,

Helen

25/10/2007 at 13:43
Hi Helen,

Are there still places left? I would like to run Sunday as well?

Cheers
Rose
25/10/2007 at 13:54

Hi Rose,

Yes there are places, be great to see you there.

Helen

25/10/2007 at 14:05

more the merrier.

The ladies have the easy job its us men that have a tough task keeping all the ladies under controll but beware of helen she devising a cunning plan with the lead car!!!!!!

25/10/2007 at 14:07

as if I would do something like that

25/10/2007 at 14:16

helen,

a rope between you and the lead car is cheating

I hva also managed to secure two sports masseures who are offering free pre and post race massage

25/10/2007 at 14:18

I was planning on sitting in the boot for a while!!

woo hoo, book me in for a massage then (mind you, if I 'hitch a lift' then i probably won't need one!)

21 to 40 of 106 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.