Candleford Canter Ladies Only 10K

Come on ladies, you know you want to!

81 to 100 of 106 messages
28/10/2007 at 07:43

Rose,

we will be there from 8.30-9.00

fringford is near bicester...take the buckingham road out od bicester, pas the statton Audley turn off on the right... about a mile of so [more or less] there is a turning on the left signposted fringford....if you are still on the buckingham road and get to newton morrel then you have gone too far

i think the turning will be signed for candleford canter or prehaps just road race??

28/10/2007 at 07:46

Morning all, I've aranged for the sun to arrive at about 10.45, just before the race starts. Still time for you all to get out of bed and head our way for a lovely 10km.

See you all very soon,

Helen

28/10/2007 at 14:14

well done Alchester. A fab race as always and as we come to expect.

Congrats!!!

28/10/2007 at 14:15

Tha reads a bit wierd. maybe "a fab race as always and as expected"...yeah that's better

well done all again

28/10/2007 at 14:30

Woo Hoo!!

Well done to EVERYONE who ran today, was great to have you all join us. Apologies that my order of sunshine did not turn up in time (or at all even!)

We do still have some SPOT PRIZES that weren't claimed. If you checked your 'goodie bag' once you had left us and found that you won one, please email me or call on 07940583368, let me know your spot prize number and I'll arrange to get it to you.

See you all there next year (or at Andy Reading 10km which we also organise- this year on 9th December)... apologies for the blantant plug of this race!

Helen

28/10/2007 at 14:38
Glad you enjoyed it Embo
28/10/2007 at 14:52
Excellent race. A new PB for me by 6 seconds so really pleased.  
28/10/2007 at 15:37

Wahay SF, well done on the PB, you should be very very pleased  

28/10/2007 at 17:56

Thanks all, lovely race, well organised (I turned up late and entered at the very last minute, so if *I* had no problems ... ), well marshalled, was v. pleased to have got a spot prize - my first - as well as a comfy tshirt and foot cream. Loved the fruit at the end - great pears, yum yum.

Now looking for the results as a friend said she might do it, but as she's way faster than me at the best of times and I was doing this as a training run (good choice as I could then admire the lovely scenery rather than puffing + staring at the tarmac) so she would have got in a good 1/4 of an hour before me & been gone by the time I trotted over the finish line! 

28/10/2007 at 18:07

Glad you made it F2D and enjoyed the race and everything else around it too. I love having fruit when you finish a race, always nice to have something refreshing

The results should be on our website tomorrow I think (if not I will have a word with our 'webmasters')! Have a look at this link:

http://www.alchester-runningclub.co.uk/candleford.htm

28/10/2007 at 19:53

Results are now up - stated as provisional on the page from the above link.

If there are any queries, there is an email link under 'Alchester Running Club' at the top of the page - we'll investigate and get back to you.

28/10/2007 at 21:12

Thanks to all involved with the organising and marshalling.  I've never met a more encouraging bunch of marshalls and as for the encouragement I got when fighting to get a photo finish - thanks to the rest of Alchester. 

Brilliant t-shirt, I can wear it for other purposes than sleep, and a really approprite spot prize of shoe cleaner as I am doing Hellrunner next week and expect to get filthy.

29/10/2007 at 07:28

great event, thanks to all took part in the run and well done what ever your time was...i heard the last 3K was a bit tough with the wind, it makes our time and effort working with the Alchester team well worth while, i hope to have some photos up on our web site as soon as the aspiring david Baily's send them to me

see you all next year

29/10/2007 at 15:34
...just wanted to point out that if people really enjoyed the race then it might be a nice way to support it by rating it on RW
29/10/2007 at 15:43

Thanks for your support Embo78

Is the beginner friendliness something we need to work on, 80% last year, only 60% this?

29/10/2007 at 16:21
me thinks the weather may be a factor in that one of these days we will work out how to arrange it to be sunny with a gental breeze  on demand to cool you off when you need it
29/10/2007 at 16:23
I blame the postal strikes for not delivering my order of sun on time!  
29/10/2007 at 16:53

This has to rank as one of my top races: superb marshalling, great spot prizes,  and beautiful countryside, though I suspect I was working a tad too hard in that headwind to appreciate the latter. 

Happy indeed with my 7th placing (I was supposed to be using it as a hard training run), despite the fact that if I'd been aware that I was only 5 seconds away from being 3rd F35, I'd have tried harder

Huge thanks to the marshalls/organisers too for going in search of my OH, who decided to run the course (after I'd finished), unaware that all the Km/direction signs had been removed, and went off course somewhat....

29/10/2007 at 18:05
Susie.... I'm assuming you have found him by now
01/11/2007 at 21:43

Hallo all.

his was my second race so I was fairly intimidated by the scarily horrid weather conditions on the day but proud to have finished in what was a good time for me (a shade under 50 minutes; know that's probably quite ploddy compared to all you speedy ladies!) Although the marshalls and organisers were very friendly and encouraging, as a lone beginner I did feel  a bit like everyone seemed to know everyone else except me!Perhaps people don't appreciate that for a beginner, even joining a running club is quite intimidating as we know that we'll probably be way slower than anyone else there!

Perhaps if you want to introduce new ladies to running, you have to be a little more proactively welcoming?

Anyway, I'm hooked now so I'll continue to enter races, proudly holding up at the rear!!

HayleyP

81 to 100 of 106 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.